Speech & Language Disorders Community
7 year old can't push poop out on toilet

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Speech and Language Disorders. Topics include, but are not limited to: Aphasia, Apraxia, Autism and Communication, Developmental Dyspraxia, Motor Speech Disorder, Orofacial Myofunctional Disorders, Paradoxical Vocal Fold Movement (PVFM), Tongue-Tie (Ankyloglossia), Voice Disorders

My son has never had an bowl movement on toilet. He says he can't push it out, he can only push it out standing up. I have tried everything!! what do thing is the problem or what can I do? His doctor has perscribed stool softener and only worked for short term  Please Help!
To help the bowel movement.Let me know when you notice the benefit.
Drink a glass of warm water.
1 Stand with legs apart and both hands stretched out in front. Breathe in and slowly swing the arms to the right and towards the back. The waist will be twisted.Breathe out as you bring the arms back to the front.
Repeat this with the arms swinging to the left.
Do this 3 times.
2  Stand with legs apart, breathe in, place  the left hand on right shoulder, touch the back with left hand  and slowly turn to the left and towards the back.The waist will be twisted.Breathe out as you come back. Repeat this with the other hand.
Do this 3 times.
3 Stand with feet together,with hands locked(joined) and resting on the head. Breathe in and raise both the hands(still  joined, palms facing up), while raising the heels at the same time. Breathe out as you lower the hands and heels.
Do this 3 times.
4  Stand with legs apart ,and hands raised up and locked(joined). Breathe in and swing the hands and waist to the left. Breathe out as you come back.
Repeat this with hands swinging to the right.
Do this 3 times.
5 When sitting on toilet seat, turn to the left and bend down to pick up something. Then come back up and  turn to the left and bend down to pick up something. Repeat this 3 times.
May 2 ,2012