Stroke Community
24 year old male TIA!! Worried

This patient support community is for discussions relating to stroke, rehabilitation, ability to eat/swallow, alertness, bowel/bladder control, depression, motor skills, nutrition, orthotics/braces, pain, prevention, senses, and spasticity.

24 year old male TIA!! Worried

HI! two weeks ago i had a TIA, lost vision of my rigth eye then started having a small headache which escalated to a heaver headache with nonsense words coming out of my mouth, felt like my brain could not process info, couldnt tell who was the president and had a hard time remebering my birthday. CT scan came up good so did MRI, doctors said everything was ok for a guy of my age.
I practice freediving at sea maybe 4 times a year but i train myself holding my breath and swimming underwater in swimming pools 3 to 5 times a week. Not a heavy drinker but i do drink almost every weekend (social drinking), daily pot smoking on low quantities (4-5 puffs), no cigarrete smoking at all or other subtances.
When had the TIA i was out of town for two weeks i had not smoke anything in that period i wonder if this could have triggered it.
Im trying to quit smoking but im worried if i go cold turkey another TIA may occur; Ive have not smoke for several days now but wonder if i should gradually leave it.

Any advice from someone that has gone tru this or has knowledge on the subject will be really appreciated, im really worried of getting into a bigger medical issue
You sound like a health conscious man.  Good for you. You should look up online for the highest risk factors for having a stroke which include smoking and high blood pressure.  They meant cigarette smoking of course, but pot smoking is far more intense than cigarettes.  Yes, you do have a reason to be concerned because statistics show that having had a TIA,  you have a 33% chance of a full major stroke within the next 5 years. You should really consult a doctor about your risk factors.  Maybe being so young is a help to you and maybe not.  I'm not a doctor and don't know.  But as a stroke survivor, I consulted a doctor in detail about my future risk factors.  You really don't want a full stroke.  Wish you the best.  
Thanks for your reply Sara, i did went to the doctor and they said that everything is ok for the moment; I was prescribed 1 aspirin junior a day and ive  reduce my smoking habit a lot, looking forward to quit it and exersise more often.
That's great Georgev!  Thanks for letting me know.