Stroke Community
Right side & Face tingling/numbness

This patient support community is for discussions relating to stroke, rehabilitation, ability to eat/swallow, alertness, bowel/bladder control, depression, motor skills, nutrition, orthotics/braces, pain, prevention, senses, and spasticity.

Right side & Face tingling/numbness

I started having right arm/hand tingling, right shoulder pain over a month ago (Begin April), this has progressed to right side face/leg numbness, my right eye waters.  It's permanent and I feel like the right side of me disconnected from the left...what is it?
I think you should see a neurologist or a primary doctor as soon as possible and have your chest and neck imaged.  Hopefully, it is nothing serious but these symptoms may be very concerning and you should rule out any problems.  Does your right eye look droopy or smaller than the other?   If so, go check it out soon.
Otherwise, you may have a radiculopathy from a pinched nerve but someone should look at it to confirm this diagnosis.

Well, here I am again a year later, complete hysterectomy later and the symptoms are still the same on my right side, except with the waves of pain my lymph nodes swell.  Brain MRI revealed nothing, Ncekc and Should MRI April 18th to come. My memory sucks because I did not realize I'd made this post a year ago with the beginning of these symptoms...hmmm

i know how you feel i went to the doctor and all he said was that it was a middle ear infection but i can't suck on anything and the right side of my face i numb.my touge on the right side fell numb too.Ican't taste anything and i'm scared plaese halp my   reply to summer_luv_1995***@****
when you say numb do you mean completely?  I have had similar problems for 2 weeks and have a nuerologist apt on wed.  but mine feels like just coming out of novacaine or like a "charlie horse" in my arm.  right lege and foot were bad last week but so bad this week.
Finding this website has really helped me realize that what happened to me has happened to others especially where most explanations sound so much like what I have had.  For several weeks I have had an eye watering like it did a year ago due to allergies and as last year went to eye Dr. and it went away.  But this year, something is different.  Last Tuesday out of the blue while shopping in Albertson's no pressure, just getting a couple things with my husband.  My tongue felt funny and the side of my face all on the right side as you all have stated.  Then it seemed to travel to the whole right side of face and my arm was tingling as Frisifer stated hers did feeling like a charlie horse and my face like I had just had a shot of BIG novacaine from a dentist.  We got out to the car and I told my husband about it couldn't believe it didn't go away.  Getting home I layed on bed but now it seemed like it was affecting my throat and maybe it was panic but felt like it was hard to breathe.  I thought it could be allergic reaction but it wasn't.  After going to the hospital instantly doing tests  thinking a stroke but all tests  ( brain scan-EKG- blood work-X-Rays) all came back normal.  When all this was happening, my head felt foggy and was dizzy.  The numbness went into my right leg hip area making it alittle difficult to walk.  Since it is almost a week later, it has come back on me several times but not as fierce.  Typing now I have to stop ever so often because my hand goes numb, but my head also doesn't feel right like the back of it hurts.  But, about 8 years ago I fell on ice hitting it extremely hard and with all the Drs. I seen then it is something I live with even tho the pain never goes away but all this was on my left side of my head.  Makes me wonder if the happenings now might still be related?  Most all who wrote were in their 30's and I am 62 (SOUNDS SO OLD NOW THAT I WRITE IT)  so I have empathy on those who have had this happen.  I just hope it doesn't last long like some have had and it came on SUDDENLY.  Hope someone reports back that their's went away and they are now feeling fine
Hi there im 29 years old with 3 children. i have been having this numbness and tingling on my right side of face for 2 days now and i dont know what i should do pls can u able to help me of what i should do...i sleep only for few hrs and im getting worried alot now
i know how you feel it *****! im only 24,and almost on a daily basis my whole right side goes tingly,starting in my arm,and progressing everywhere else on the right side,even my mouth. If i lay on my left sometimes it spreads over... I loose alot of sleep&i have no insurance so im afraid to go to e.r...dont know what to do everytime i go in for something they run test&never know whats wrong so what would make it different from now?,besides thousands in bills...do i live like this till somethign really bad happens or just suck it up and go get a doctor or e.r...?
I am 33 and 3 years ago my left face starts numbing and currently is..   I went to a neurologist t-ook an MRI on my head and everything is ok.. I went to my  primary doctor ran every blood test there is and no findings I  went to a rheumatologist and he said i might have sjogren disease - and there is no medication for the numbness.  A year later, my right hand side starts numbing -  now i have my left face permanent numbing, my right hand also and sometimes my right leg.  The doctors do not really know what it is.. my primary doctor thinks it is stress, I am stress all the time at work and prescribe me anti - depressant pills which i refuse to take.  The numbness does not hurt at all - it is more a tingling sensation.. but sometimes I am scared when I think about it.  Will this ever go away???? i stopped going to the doctor coz they really don't know the answer.  I even went to another neurologist lately and he also did an MRI of my head - and still found nothing..which is good.. My rheumatologist is recommending for me to go to John Hopkins for sjogren reasearch.. but i don't have the money to spend on that.  
I am 38 and I started having numbness in my face (right side) and my right arm for years. It first started while I was pregnant 18 years ago and never had a problem again for years then all of a sudden it happened again. It does not happen all the time but every once in awhile it will just come on. I have never went to the doctor and I know I probably should but reading these posts helps me.
Hi im 25 and a mother of 2, the right side of my face and right arm started tingling about a month ago on and off. But about 24 hours ago it started and hasnt gone away :| and i hate it it worries the hell out of me i havrnt seen i doctor yet becasue i cant get in to see anyone.
Wha should i do? Help
You can always see a doctor at any ER.  
I had a bad ear infection, think it ws after my stroke? It got so bad, could not get out of bed, & felt like i had something moving in my ears, neck to my brain. After 7 days, & sick of the flies hovering over me, looked at my oxygen tank, & used high doses, & soon started to get better(i thought) With the extreme swelling, & etc. found out about acoustic neuromy. I dont know much anymore cs dimentia (dementia) is getting so bad, i have hard time thinking right, plus my vision is going. Think maybe my problem is more advanced? I also am on some high doses of fentinol, & oxycodone, anti swell. med. Finally called stroke association for some support, but only 1 group, once a month. Wish i could help, but i can only stay online for about 2 hours, & my eyes start to give me like doublish vision, & want to roll back in my sckull. My neurolist tried to tell me she only works on cluster headaches. Seen 2 other neurolist. Pretty much same excuses. Stroke association told me to get a lawyer soon. I should not even post this