Stroke Community
brain blood clot , what is the procedure?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to stroke, rehabilitation, ability to eat/swallow, alertness, bowel/bladder control, depression, motor skills, nutrition, orthotics/braces, pain, prevention, senses, and spasticity.

hello dr. my friend she told me that she hasa blood clot on the back of her brain and that she has gone to the hospirol and they put a niddle in her brain and opened that blood clot and then she drove home  does that sound normal?
Hi,No that does not sound normal.I am not not a doctor,but my daughter has a blood clot on the left side of her brain.It is located up above her left ear they said.They are not doing any thing for her,because of the location and size.It is on her main artery in her brain.Your friend would of been put under sedation.She would of all so stayed at least one night or two nights in the hospital,to make sre there wasn't any kind of problem.Does your friend know what happens during this period.You are not suppose to be out driving.Not only that,they would have drilled a hole in her skull.You can not stick a needle through your skull.Sorry to burst your friends bubble.The only way they can remove a clot with out going in is using a anticoagulant,through the IV.Good luck to you Raven33.
i had a clot in my brain in 1999 i was sent home on 75mg asprin a day and was told this should disperse it ,i had no follow ups after this.

however i have now been told i suffer from t ia s and my asprin as now gone up to 300mg.

how do they know the clot as disapeared without scanning me to check.

tracey
Hi I just read your post,I find it odd that they did not do no follow up.My daughter has a 6 centimeter blood clot on her brain.They done a follow up cat scan in October,it is still there with no improvement.She had a mni stroke in September.She had another one this past Thursday night.She feels real tired and weak after she has one,she has pain on the side that is effected.The mini stroke happened on the right side this time.She has numbness in both of her hands and arms and legs and feet.You need to do a follow up with a neurologist in your area and ask for a MRI.Good luck Raven33.
I had a stroke in april, i have numbness through the left side of my body. I lost no motor skills, but still have some numbness and strange sensation from the mid center of left arm down through to my hand. I am to sensitive cold, but now i am feeling a burning sensation down through my left hand. Can you explain why.

Thank you Michael Angel
hi my dad had a stroke on sunday a was taken to hospital for all sorts of tests . they then found a clot on the brain which they can't remove due to the position of the clot . he had another stroke whilst in hospital . after 2 days they have sent him home waiting physio and has asprin to take for life . can he suffer from more strokes as the hospital were not very help full . I'm sorry to ask but i need to be prepared so we know what to do . sorry to hear about your daughter life is hard as it is at times tc debra xxxx
My boyfriends grandma has to blood clots on the brain and they have her in the hospitol right now and they think they want to do surgery but we are not sure yet but she is eight two and has cancer is the surgery more of a risk then not doing it at all please some one help cassie
a close friend of mine had what i can desripe is brain clot, she is 46yrs old and went into two days sleep on last friday, then for two days she was sleepy on and offf, we thought may be she is tierd from work, she was not speaking for those four days, then she started talking but with a very heavyness/slow in her speach as if she is drunk, yesterday and today her speach is normal, she went to hospital last night and doctors did not spot her problem, today she went for a walk at first her right leg was normal when we walked then it become a little painfull and slow, plus pain at her calf musle, also we noticed this evening her right hand palm when she hold her fist the two fingers next to her sump are a bit tense as she open and close them she get pain behind her arm musle, we thinking on taking her back to hospital again as we think she might had a stroke, need someone comment on this please.
I hope your daughter is better.  Since last Sunday (5 days now), I have had a strong headache on the left side of my head, just above my left ear.  It is like an intermittent jab that make me stop for a moment what I am doing.  There are no other apparent symptoms.  Usually, I don't take any pain medications.  However, I have been taking Advil since then, even though the pain is not gone.  I have been looking for some information online.  I read about your experience in this matter.  Could you tell me the symptoms of a blood clot?
Since last Sunday (6 days now), I have had a strong headache on the left side of my head, just above my left ear.  It is like an intermittent jab that make me stop for a moment what I am doing.  There are no other apparent symptoms.  Usually, I don't take any pain medications.  However, I have been taking Advil since then, even though the pain is not gone.   Could you tell me the symptoms of a blood clot, stroke or any idea what this pain may be related with?
my dad friends wife has just died on 20th of September from a blood clot in the brain and i had balled my eyes out all last nighty what should i do! now that she's gone i need help
For the last for the last few years I've been having this stabbing pain in the left side of my head. I passed out several times for at least 10 to 15 minutes.  Sometimes when I am stressed I would Stutter for days. I was told that I have clots in my brains. I was on cumodin for a few weeks, now I am on Plavix with asparin (aspirin). My question is how long would I have to be on these medication and what are the side effects?  I am a 49 years old female.

my husband as 3 blood clots in his brain can someone talk to me please!
6 days ago i  dislocated my arm...... my gf broke up with me too for another guy
  for the last 6 days i had this odd feeling in my  head .. like  dizzy lightness ,,, my dr said dw about it ..... day 6 im worrying  
\i spewed up and bleed from the nose my dr wont see me right away he said i had to wait 3 days
ive also got  stomach pains the weeks b 4 ..... the dr said its no hernia or peptic ulcer
im 19  i feel like im gonna die soon or something
my sister  whos  like a nurse wont text me back ...
this is unfair what syptoms (symptoms) do u get when u have a brain clot ?