massive stroke2010
Still totally paralyzed on left side, age 70--did all the therapy, and continue with therapy.

Has any one in a similar situation recovered any functional movement?

Am extremely depressed because I am not able to get out of bed myself, thus cannot get on wheel chair to get to commode.
My little buddy has a stroke at age 99 and could not feed herself or move or talk. She was incontinent. After two years she could walk and talk (not that well). And no longer incontinent.  She had her 109th birthday last month. Keep up your spirits! The most important thing is not to have further stokes. Commonly the first stroke is from a clot and then coumadin causes the second one. There are alternatives to coumadin therapy.
I don't know how to find comments regarding my question.
When someone comments on ur question, you will be notified!
It sounds like you could be helped by anti-depressants.  Are you on any? If so, tell the doctor that they aren't working so that they can get them changed.  I was nearly suicidal after suffering from chronic bad to severe migraines every day.  I wasn't able to hardly move without the migraine leading me to the ER when all I do was vomit. This was after a major stroke which still gives me pain.  Increasing my anti-depressant completely brought me out of the depression, even though I had the same terrible life. Plus I have Trigeminal Nerve pain which has also been known as the suicide disease because the electric shock like pain is so terrible.  Plus I have fibromyalgia, myoclonus, acid reflux, and a lot more medical problems.  By comparing my life to those who have it even worse, I have learned to accept my severe disability.  You may in time too learn to appreciate what you do have in your life.  In the meantime, my heart goes out to you.  And keep up with the therapy and the blood thinner if the doctor thinks that you need it.  It's important to keep from having another stroke.  If you don't suffer from terrible pain every day, I would give anything to trade places with you.  I know that you may take offense to my posting.  Do you have any loving spouse or children?  Do you like any TV shows?  Do you like to eat?  I hate to eat since my stroke.  Try to find anything in your life which is good.  Wish you the best.