Success Stories Community
HIV Forum Answered All My Questions!

This is the place to share your successes with others. Some ideas for success stories: How has Med Help helped you? Have you found someone who has the same symptoms as you? Have you discovered a treatment that worked for you? Do you have parenting “tips” for other parents? Please include any details about your success you think will be helpful to others.

HIV Forum Answered All My Questions!

I just want to say thank you for having such a website for people.  I was looking on the HIV forum and got EVERY answer to EVERY question I needed.  To do this for people is giving back!!  I think it is great.   SO THANK YOU FOR ALLEVIATING MY PEACE OF MIND!!
im scared to get tested. i had this very brief encounter with a girl i thot i knew. we had been dating on and off for a about 1 and a half years but no sex till the last 2 weeks. i know this sounds crazy..stupid. but the first time we tried to have sex, she said she did not like using condoms. i was so furious wit her a opted not have sex. we didn't see each other for a month. the next time we were about to have sex i wore a condom but failed to raise up.
  then we kinda chilled on the whole thing for quite some time. this year may/june she was all over ma place talking sex and all that. i day i mess up... i thot i was strong. i had brief unprotected sex around  30sec. it happened so fast. i withdrew ma penis but i still think i contracted something. most likely HIV. during that period, i was taking some antibiotics 4 something else that mit have lowered my immunity to fight this virus.
  its now 6 months. i have this symptoms, a hairy tongue, thrush that wont go away after using nystin, major fatigue, stress (i have had depression 4 quite some years now. i stopped taking meds like 9 months ago)tingling feet, toes, sleepy, itchy scalp,ichy sensation on tip of penis but nothing has formed yet. my blood differential show that im infected wit something. low lymphocytes 43%(20-40) and high plateletes count 503(150-450)
   this girl went out of the country 2 weeks after the encounter. i tried getting her tested but she refused. she called me 2 months later from italy/denmark asking if i was dying. she doesnt pick my calls or any other persons since then.
    i think all that time we were having a relationship she was trying to get me contracted. she claimed to be a virgin but i knew all girls say that. she claimed condoms were unreligious..blah. she come from a region were hiv prevalence is high. she has kinda cut off every body in her life, brothers, sisters. i good sign of guilt. i was introduced to her by my sister. she now claims she this girl mit mit not have been wat she seemed or potrayd. ishould have seen this coming. thanks, too much of being a nice guy.
im afraid to get tested coz i might not be able to live with a sound mind if positive. i already have depression, i was just getting better. now i have something else to think of. i need the next 7 months of sound mind to finish my projects then i will get tested.
  this sounds crazy, i thot i could live with the anxiety till im ready for testing but im loosing it. my friends have noticed. im loosing weight, isolating myself etc
if i turn up positive, i have seven months of collegeleft.. the time i really need a sound mind. im in a mess. what will i tell my parents....

please dont shun this.. advice me.  
If you don't get tested you  are going to worry and your mind won't be on your project, so just do it, ok?

The odds are stacked very much in favour of your NOT being infected so just bite the bullet and do it!

You have already been through depression.  You cannot carry this strain around.  If you let things slide for another seven months, I think there is a good chance you will not complete your project because you will have slipped back into a mental slump.  

Just keep your mind on how great you are going to feel when it comes back negative.  And for what it's worth, I don't think she was planning to infect you - maybe she was planning to get pregnant by you but that would be a different matter.

Good luck - and be brave.
you should go get tested youll feel so glad afterwards I promise you