How to reach an addict that you love...
Hey guys, I am new here. I recently joined because I am lost on how to approach and support my boyfriend's pain pill addiction. He's now aware, and he's scared. Im just not sure how to help him. It scares me everyday that these pills will ultimately take him from. I am approaching 35, and I want a family. He was my best friend for 15 years and we been together now for 3. So I know, we could make a beautiful future together. But is pills will be our demise. So I guess, I need a plan, treatment advice. And how do people afford this? Even if you do it home, your looking at a good 2 weeks of no work. Im just lost...help
Welcome to this forum and thank you for your post. Feel free to join this forum as a member.

I would recommend that you get in touch with NA (Narcotics Anonymous) and work through them on a recovery plan.

You are right when you mention that treatment can be expensive. Is your boyfriend a veteran? That opens up some low or no options if this is the case.

Does your boyfriend truly want help for his pill addiction problem? In order to help him he has to genuinely want to help himself. If so then by all means proceed.

Hi , I am also new to this forum and I know what you are going through. My son is also an addict and I see his fear and anxiety every day. I am also scared that the addiction will take him from me.
Your boyfriend has to want this , otherwise it will not work and it is not going to be easy.
Some places have help for low or no income people, you could check with mental health, churches, some places also take  medicade, if he is not on it you could try signing him up. There are also health clinics for low or no income people that would also have resources available to you.
It always helps to have support like NA and this forum. God bless and good luck.
You must join this user group in order to participate in this discussion.
tgtiffany is tired Comment
11/13
ROSYouralright commented on photo
11/13
ROSYouralright commented on photo
11/13