TTC Over 40 User Group
Dr. Oz
About This Group:

support group for women who are trying to conceive or have conceived a child over the age of forty

Founded by naturschld on October 1, 2009
415 members

Dr. Oz

Not a question but I wanted to let this group know about the Dr. Oz Show about when is too old to have a baby. It airs next Fri. 1/27/12 and our very own 1biologist is a guest. It was a very interesting show and there were alot of things brought up about over 40 women TTC especially. Of course all of us TTC over 40 have researched it to death, it is still a good show. It discusses the pros and cons as well as the risks. It should be fun, but if you are like me, I wanted to say so much to the cons but never got the chance. Happy watching.
Thanks for the heads-up.  I bet alot of us would like to see it.  Did I see somewhere that you might be on it also?
I'm there in the audience. I'm on the floor in the "panel" beside Bill & Sharon. I didn't get to speak though so I don't know if they'll show me or not. It'll be fun to watch it.
Preview:
http://www.doctoroz.com/episode/when-are-you-too-old-have-baby
HI, Just wanted to comment on the show.  Firstly, I love the Dr. Oz show, but I have to say that the show left me feeling very depressed trying to get pregnant at the age of 42.  I realize the whole "Start thinking about it while you are young and make a decision", but I didn't, so now I am trying.  I just felt that they should have ended the show with a little hope for older woman that are currently trying, as some women do actually go on to have very healthy babies in their 40's, I know several myself (and might I add that they got pregnant naturally, so nothing is impossible).  That being said, I do believe that it is a good thing to make women think about it very seriously in their early 30's, as I wish it would have aired 10 years ago so that I could have benefited from it then.  I guess now, I will continue to try naturally and be SHOCKED pretty much according to the show if I actually get pregnant, and also if I can carry the child to term, and of course if the baby is healthy.  That being said, I just suffered a miscarriage the first part of January, so it wasn't a great time to have watched the show.  I say, NEVER give up!  : )))
I do know how you feel. I felt like what they aired was pretty negative for us. I didn't feel quite that way during taping but the cut alot out. But we know there is always hope and maybe, someday, we'll see a show air that will actually be helpful to us and not so negative! Good luck to you.
Grace358 commented on krichar's status
Grace358 commented on zara2010's status
Grace358 commented on hansen20's status