TTC Over 40 User Group
slow heartbeat at first
About This Group:

support group for women who are trying to conceive or have conceived a child over the age of forty

Founded by naturschld on October 1, 2009
416 members

slow heartbeat at first

Went in for an ultrasound at 6wk2days and was lucky enough to see a heartbeat.  They did say it was kind of slow at 82 and I would have to follow up in a week or two.  It was measuring exactly on though.  Looked it up on the internet and found conflicting info.  Most said you're lucky if you see a heartbeat that early.  But then it says that if its that slow there is a good chance of a miscarriage.  (Even though its so early that it might just have started beating?)  So I decided to go with the thought that I'm lucky to see it and that it was just really early.  Did kind of prepare a little for miscarriage with the thought that if that happened then something was wrong and that's just the way it had to go and we would try again.  Went in for the 2nd ultrasound and at first there wasn't anything in the area, looked like an empty sac.  Scared the crap out of me for a second.  But she just hadn't positioned it right yet.  Whew!  Found it and it was measuring perfect; exactly to the day again.  Turned on the heartbeat monitor and the little heart was just a pounding away at 150!  So much better.  Everything looked great and hopefully will continue to progress well.  Just thought I'd post my experience with a slow heartbeat early on; because when I was looking for info, so many people posted their questions and worries about it; but very rarely did they follow up with what happened.  Hope this helps someone feel better.  
Thank you very much for sharing this information. Hopefully I am also lucky to see the heartbeat soon. 2ww starts today.
That is great news. Keep us posted...
Glad to hear the measurements are perfect and heartbeat is higher!! Great news, thanks for keeping us posted!
I'm so happy for you. I can't wait to hear more about your little guy as he/she gets bigger!
Grace358, and Risa615 commented on cheekyhalfs's status
Grace358, and Risa615 commented on Risa615's status
mhv commented on Melissa_71's status