Teen Health Community
Pelvic Lump (photo)

This patient support community is for discussions relating to teen health, including abuse, acne and skin, alcohol and drugs, ADD/ADHD, exercise, growth disorders, infectious diseases, learning disorders, nutrition, piercings and tattoos, teen pregnancy, relationships, safe sex, sports injuries, STDs, vaccines, and weight loss.

Pelvic Lump (photo)

6938192?1306439571

I'm a 19 years old. A few week's ago I woke up one morning and noticed that I had a lump at the top, left side of my pelvis - almost just accross from my hip bone. The lump isn't visible - it tends to go down in size but then flares up, it can also get sore. At first I thought it may be a gland but it feels more hard than a gland and disappears when I lie down. It feels like a sausage shape and it quite thin. When i was younger I had a hernia on the left side of my tummy next to my belly button... I was wondering if it was possible for this to be a hernia? I'm also very thin and always have been but I don't have this lump on the right side. I'm quite worried about it and can't get a Doctor's appointment until next week.

I am wondering if anyone has an idea of what it could be? I also shave my bikini line - could that have anything do with it?
(I have attached a photo indicating roughly where the lump is.)
I would be grateful for any feedback.
Tags: pelvis, lump
If you shave there it could easily be an ingrown hair, clogged pore, etc., all of which are not serious, though if the lump has been there for at least a few weeks, it's unlikely to be from shaving. Does the lump move if you press on it(slide a little to the side)? It could be a cyst or boil. If you haven't already made a doctor's appointment, I'd do that.  
No it doesn't move which is what makes me more worried.
Usually if it doesn't move it is a bit more worrisome, but it doesn't always mean it's something really bad. It could be swelling/inflammation that causes the lump from infection. Some cysts don't always move around as well. Try not to worry about it until the doctor tells you what is going on. Hope the doctor's appointment goes well. Let us know what's going on.