Swollen left rib cage
About a year ago I noticed that my rib cage on my left side was swollen. You cannot really notic it unless Iam laying down which it then sticks out more than my right side. It is very sensitive to touch and after touching it my skin remains red where you have touched. Its not really painful but I can feel it all day and I know its there. I find myself slouching over to the side more often originally I thought it might be a cracked rib but that would have healed on its own already. Also there is a pain just to the right whenever I flex my abdomen muscle it hurts to touch it there to could I have pulled my ab muscle? I remember when I was in the usa I tried doing a sit up and felt a sharp pain in my stomach but could it spread over to my rib cage and swell that up to? I cant even see my own family doctor till the middle of july and its driving me crazy has anyone had this before or know what it is?
That is a long time to have a swollen side. I'm guessing it would have to do with the muscles over your ribs that are causing you the pain and swelling. Anything else doesn't really make sense, other than maybe some type of malformation that has now become visible. Make sure to be seen by your doctor when you can. They should do an xray, blood work, and I'd also ask for a bone scan as well. Good luck.  
Thanks for your help. I will be going to see a doctor asap i hope its nothing to serious.