cant eat in the morning without feeling sick after
Hello all, my name is heather and i am 15 years old.
I dont know why but I just can not eat in the morning! I can't even drink water without feeling sick it happens everytime!
and i really would like to be able to eat in the morning because i dont get to eat anything until i get home from school. I usually dont eat breakfast but when i do i feel sick and i get cramps and it makes me feel miserable but then goes away after a few hours. I never feel sick when i eat in the afternoon and its just so weird.

Most likely you're having trouble with it because your body isn't used to eating so early. I also react the same way when I try to eat or drink anything in the morning, so I know what you're feeling.

If you want to start eating breakfast now, the best way is to start out with light foods, such as fruit or vegetables, or a nice light cereal. Try to stay away from heavier things, especially milk-based products, even though cereal is pretty alright to start out with. Basically, eat things that are easy on your stomach, that should ease you into the breakfast-eating-mode.

If you're still nauseous after eating, wait it out- it's hard, but it shouldn't be as bad as when you eat heavier things, like pancakes.

Hope it helped, and I hope you feel better.

~ Kaleidoscopic.
Hi i have the same problem everytime i eat something i feel so sick and get severe cramps im not pregnant so hope anyone can give me answers
I hae the exact same problem; even off I'm hungry i wont eat because it makes me feel sick and nauseated.
yeah i have this problem too. i cannot eat from when i get up to about 11:00 AM. It is a really sucky feeling and i hate it. I've tried everything possible to get away from feeling sick but no matter what i do it does not work. The only thing that works is not eating in the morning. This has been happening for about 2 years now but i really havent done anthing about because it was never really a big problem.
Hi Heather,

My daughter had the same thing..
Feeling sick in the morning can be from eating late of an evening and going to bed before your food has digested. That can impact on the liver and make you nauseaous of a morning.
If you try to switch your eating around by not eating later than 5pm,
and only drinking water after that, and taking some lemon in your water of a morning (helps the liver), it may help?

Let me know how you go..

Also, hormones can do funny things, if it happens in the last half of your monthly cycle it could be related to progesterone..
We found my daughter was allergic to her bodies progesterone (the hormone that is active in the last half of your cycle) and she did a NAET treatment and it went straight away.

wishing you all the best,
if they don't help, go see a good Naturopath, they can usually figure these things out.

I have the same symptoms, I have been diagnosed as having IBS, so more than likely its that. If I take metoclopramide a couple of hours before breakfast I feel fine. Zantac also seems to help, as do antacids such as Tums as mentioned already. I suspect it is anxiety related as I was on SSRI's previously (paroxetine) that seemed to get rid of it for some years. Sertraline does not seem to work as well