Teen Health Community
cant eat in the morning without feeling sick after

This patient support community is for discussions relating to teen health, including abuse, acne and skin, alcohol and drugs, ADD/ADHD, exercise, growth disorders, infectious diseases, learning disorders, nutrition, piercings and tattoos, teen pregnancy, relationships, safe sex, sports injuries, STDs, vaccines, and weight loss.

Hello all, my name is heather and i am 15 years old.
I dont know why but I just can not eat in the morning! I can't even drink water without feeling sick it happens everytime!
and i really would like to be able to eat in the morning because i dont get to eat anything until i get home from school. I usually dont eat breakfast but when i do i feel sick and i get cramps and it makes me feel miserable but then goes away after a few hours. I never feel sick when i eat in the afternoon and its just so weird.
Tags: nasea

Most likely you're having trouble with it because your body isn't used to eating so early. I also react the same way when I try to eat or drink anything in the morning, so I know what you're feeling.

If you want to start eating breakfast now, the best way is to start out with light foods, such as fruit or vegetables, or a nice light cereal. Try to stay away from heavier things, especially milk-based products, even though cereal is pretty alright to start out with. Basically, eat things that are easy on your stomach, that should ease you into the breakfast-eating-mode.

If you're still nauseous after eating, wait it out- it's hard, but it shouldn't be as bad as when you eat heavier things, like pancakes.

Hope it helped, and I hope you feel better.

~ Kaleidoscopic.
Hi i have the same problem everytime i eat something i feel so sick and get severe cramps im not pregnant so hope anyone can give me answers
I hae the exact same problem; even off I'm hungry i wont eat because it makes me feel sick and nauseated.
yeah i have this problem too. i cannot eat from when i get up to about 11:00 AM. It is a really sucky feeling and i hate it. I've tried everything possible to get away from feeling sick but no matter what i do it does not work. The only thing that works is not eating in the morning. This has been happening for about 2 years now but i really havent done anthing about because it was never really a big problem.