Teen Health Community
chest and wrist pain

This patient support community is for discussions relating to teen health, including abuse, acne and skin, alcohol and drugs, ADD/ADHD, exercise, growth disorders, infectious diseases, learning disorders, nutrition, piercings and tattoos, teen pregnancy, relationships, safe sex, sports injuries, STDs, vaccines, and weight loss.

chest and wrist pain

i keep getting pains in the left of my chest under the breast tissue(im thinking its my heart) regularly. Its not really stabing pain, its like an aching throb,sometimes more painful than others. It can last up to 10-20 minutes, half an hour at the most. I also get the same pain in my right wrist. It sometimes occurs at the same time as the chest pain but sometimes doesnt. I also always have cold hands, no matter what the temperature which i guess is due to bad circulation. Could these all be connected in some way? Obviously id like these symptoms to stop, but i dont want to go to a doctor unless i feel i have something to worry about. I'm a 14 yr old female if that matters. Please help
dont mean to scare but there is a possibility that you may be having a panic attack which can induce tachycardia( fast heartbeat) and cause chest pain... the reason your wrist would hurt is because your radial artery a main blood vessel for your arms runs on your wrist which means there is probability of heart issues... you need to keep track of your heart rate during exercise and daily activities... usually a persons heart rate is anywhere between 70- 100 beats per minute if the rate goes up to 120 you are experiencing tachycardia... the way you feel your heart rate is finding a pulse on the wrist or on the neck...carotid artery... if you ever feel your heart rate pounding(beating in your chest) or other parts of your body, lightheadedness, shortness of breath you need to go to the doctor ASAP if the chest pain persists for more than 2 minutes... this is no joke... there is a possibilty of congenital heart defect, panic attack, acute arrythmia syndrome, or other cardio problems...so please dont hesitate next time your chest hurts...go to the doctor or the ER... and if it help im only a senior in high school...and i had the same things happening to me...turned out it was a panic attack...it caused me to study medicine and ive been accepted into a pre-med school...maybe this experience can affect what you want to do for a living
My wrist hurts and i can see all the vains what does that mean and i cant feel it