Dehydration causing cramping/spotting
My daughter is 13 weeks. She did an 7 mile walk and didn't drink enough water. That night she started having a bit of brownish spotting. Not much, just a bit when she wiped herself. Later she started having cramps. She went to the doctor the next day and they did an ultra sound. Everything looked fine. Cervix is closed, babies heart rate is fine and the baby was moving around.
She continued having cramps last night but they went away this morning. She is still spotting a bit but not too much. She is drinking tons of fluids.
Her doctor told her the baby is fine but she needs to stay in bed again today.
She is scared to death that she is going to miscarry. (I am too)
Does she have anything to worry about?
if all is well on the u/s and the doctor told her to rest id do just that and try not to worry so much. maybe she shouldnt walk so much, just to be on the safe side...and i speak from experience, stay hydrated!!!! in my first pregnancy i never drank anything and went into early labor due to dehydration. just be sure to follow up with her doctor!
She really just needs to follow all of her doctors orders.  Dehydration is not a good thing in pregnancy. I became dehydrated at 25 weeks and was thrown into preterm labor and have struggled with it since. ( I am now 35.3 weeks) Def just listen to the doctor and drink tons and tons of water...
Dehydration is known for causing cramps, spotting and pre-term labor. She really needs to make sure she always drinking enough and follows her doctors orders. The fact that the baby had a good a heartbeat and the cervix is closed doesn't lead me to believe she is about to miscarry.