Teen Pregnancy Concerns Community
Eating peanuts when pregnant

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy concerns for teens, ages 13-17. Please note, this community is not intended to discuss how to conceive. Questions regarding this will be removed.

Eating peanuts when pregnant

My midwife told me the list of foods i cant eat during pregnancy and peanuts were one of them, my mate has told me she ate them while pregnant because no1 in her family are allergic to them and no1 in my family are allergic to them, so would it be okay for me to eat them??
i love salted peanuts
i have tried to ring my midwife but her phone is always on voicemail allday everyday
(she is useless)

Please write back :)
If you don't have a history of reaction to them, and your family doesn't it should be fine.
I also ate items from the nut family (cashews, almonds,  pistachios, and TONS of peanut butter. I'd go through a jar a week.) while pregnant. My boys actually LOVE nuts. Especially peanut butter.
humm, well i look on the internet about it and it says if you have asthma, hayfever or ezma you shouldnt eat them while pregnant, i had asthma when i was little but grew out of it, so i really dont know what to do, i have tried to call my midwife again but she will not answer, its either busy or on voicemail!