Teen Pregnancy Concerns Community
Need Help

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy concerns for teens, ages 13-17. Please note, this community is not intended to discuss how to conceive. Questions regarding this will be removed.

Need Help

When Should I Go To The Doctors ? && When It Is Time For Me To Go To The Doctor Do I Have To Have A Parent With Me ?
I'm guessing you either have to have your parent with you or all your cards social security and insurance card. They make you go to the health department before.
If you are pregnant and under 18, you likely have to have a parent with you as you are still a minor. You are probably under your parent's insurance, so you will need their information as they are the policy holder.  You should call your doctor on Monday to schedule your first appointment. As you are probably under 18, you will need special care and monitoring during your pregnancy. As your body is not done developing and growing, they will need to make sure both you and your baby are getting enough nutrition and both growing well. You'll also want to start prenatal vitamins as soon as possible.
You have the right to speak to the doctor without your parent in the room, you have to say that is what you want once you get there, and stick to it.  Your parent can't legally get past doctor-patient confidentiality.  If you're thinking this is a way to hide from your parents that you're pregnant, well, it's not, since sooner or later they are going to know.  But if you just don't want your mom in your face and the doctor's when you're discussing pregnancy, you don't have to have her in the room.
From what I know I dont have a doctor and Im 15. So idk what to do at this moment.
If you can't bring yourself to talk to your mom yet about what is really going on, tell your mom that you think you have a kidney infection or a bladder infection or maybe a yeast infection, and you need to see the doctor.  But you really are going to have to tell her pretty soon what is happening.
It's good to tell your parent/parents, but you can also go to a womens clinic like planned parenthood or something similar to talk to a doctor and a counselor to find an easy way to tell your parents and maybe join a young mom support group.
I am not certain they will treat a girl who is 15.  She could call them beforehand to find out.
Its different in different states. Because in California drs offices are not allowed to contact your parents
Opps that last post was all over the place I meant to say --- "If you don't have a family doctor I would suggest Planned Parenthood. And no, you do not have to have your parents with you. Doctor Patient Confidentiality kicks in when you turn 12. But you need to see a doctor before you are 12 weeks pregnant If you are planning on having the baby, and by 22 weeks if you plan on aborting."
Okay sorry just looked into it because I was fact checking another post. The supreme court ruled that; once it is confirmed that you are pregnant you are able to obtain prenatal medical care, with or without your parents′ consent. And there are also laws for when a teenager is not required to get parental consent for an abortion. [We are not allowed to post links on this site or I would site my source.] I hope that helps!
I am also 15 and pregnant and I went to the pregnancy resource center in the town I live in and they said they wouldn't tell my parents.They gave me a free test,free ultrasound and now I am in a program they have that I earn points and can use the points to get baby items in their baby boutique.I did tell my parents and they were calm about it and even offered to help.The best thing for you to do is take a test and tell your parents.
You should try to make an appt with an OBGYN as soon as you find out your pregnant that way you can find out what to do from there and to see if your baby is healthy. You don't want to go too late and not know anything. And I know you can if you are 18 or older I dont know about if youre younger than that.