Diet
Is it true that brocolie cabbage and cauliflower  should not be eaten if you have low thyroid?   I cannot eat spinach too high in acid.  What to do to eat healthy?  I am also type two diabetic.
That's the rumor.  However you'd have to eat them raw and tons per day.  Cooked is no problem.
I am a veggie and eat these vegetables all the time.  Cooked winters and raw summers, they have not affected my thyroid or levels.
Why is it that you cannot eat broccoli, cabbage or cauliflower if you have hypothyroid.  I love these and eat them all the time thinking that it is a good thing for weight.  Also how do we speed up our metabolism??? thank you
This is a whole chapter in the book of thyroidism.  Below is only a page or two that even touches the subject. It a whole nutritional life style.

Two essential amino acids, phenylalanine and tryptophan, may also help dieters. Tryptophan supplements tend to diminish the desire for carbohydrates. And since most overweight people seem to favor sweet, processed carbohydrate foods, it may be helpful in weight loss. Phenylalanine suppresses the appetite by increasing the production of the neurotransmitter norepinephrine. Amphetamines, or diet pills, work in much the same way, but, unlike amphetamines, phenylalanine does not cause a depressive crash when it is stopped.

Hypothyroid patients should  avoid fluorine and chloring. These two chemicals may block iodine receptors in the thyroid gland, potentially causing reduced hormone production. Patients should also minimize their intake of foods that suppress thyroid hormone production such as peaches, brussel sprouts, pears, spinach, turnips, cabbage, kale, broccoli and mustard greens. However, none has been proven to cause hypothyroidism in humans.

Instead, they should consume plenty of foods rich in vitamin B complex for generation and utilization of energy. Some examples would be meats, dairy products, legumes, brewer's yeast, whole grains, eggs, nuts and some herbs.

Low progesterone goes hand in hand with low thyroid, so avoid foods that promote oestrogen dominance. This includes any animal product that has not been produced organically (chicken, eggs, dairy, beef, lamb, pork, etc.).

Gluten is linked to thyroid dysfunction (both hyper and hypo thyroid) so if you have any digestive problems or any one in your family with a gluten sensitivity, it would be worth dramatically reducing your gluten intake.
Tyrosine-rich foods These foods include meat, fish, turkey and chicken breast, low fat milk and yogurt, almonds, avocado, bananas, lima beans, pumpkin seeds, sesame seeds, lentils. Thyroid hormones, which have a role in almost every process in the body, also contain tyrosine as part of their structure.Tyrosine has been found to play a role in controlling anxiety. Possible uses of tyrosine may be to control appetite and fatigue. It is also suggested that tyrosine may help with allergies and headaches. This amino acid aids in the production of melanin (pigment of the skin and hair) and in the production of the adrenal, thyroid, and pituitary glands.  Tyrosine has been found to play a role in controlling anxiety. Possible uses of tyrosine may be to control appetite and fatigue. It is also suggested that tyrosine may help with allergies and headaches. This amino acid aids in the production of melanin (pigment of the skin and hair) and in the production of the adrenal, thyroid, and pituitary glands.  Vitamin B6, folic acid, and copper are necessary for conversion of L-tyrosine into neurotransmitters Drug interactions - Certain medications may interact with tyrosine. Dairy products, meats, fish, wheat, oats, and most other protein-containing foods contain tyrosine

Can I just say to you "I love you".  But seriously, I love the answers.  They seem to always be right on.  You are just so well informed and I really feel that what you say makes total sense.  I can also see that you are very well read about the thyroid.  I know that I really appreciate your honesty in your answers.  Thanks