Thyroid Disorders Community
Difficulty swallowing, again!

This patient support community is for discussions relating to thyroid issues, goiter, Graves disease, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Human Growth Hormone (HGH), hyperthyroid, hypothyroid, metabolism, parathyroid, pituitary gland, thyroiditis, and thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH).

Difficulty swallowing, again!

I just wanted to update everyone on me.   I actually am suffering more now than ever.  I am having such a horrible time swallowing, choking on just about everything.  The last thyroid scan they did it showed borderline enlarged, but the Endo was not concerned.  URRRR.  Oh and my TSI antibodies were tested as well and they were 125 and the limits were 129-..??  So they were slightly high but again, Dr was not worried..Why am I having such a difficulty swallowing?   I know you may not know, but do any of you have any advice?
You might want to get a second opinion (I know that sounds so cliche).  But swallowing is usually, from what I've read, the one thing that makes drs react with a bit more concern.

Good luck.
What are they concerned about? I sometimes feel it in bed at night & when he was holding my neck checking it told me to swallow & I couldn't.
Concerned that the thyroid might be enlarged.  So much so that it might interfer with the airway.  Also that it might have nodules growing on it that are doing the same thing.

There might be a difference, though, between having a hard time swallowing during the physical exam and having a hard time swallowing in general.

Does your dr plan to take any action in your case?

You might want to post this as a separate question and see if any members here can give you more detailed insight.

Good luck.
If your endo won't do anything, or is acting unconcerned, try consulting an ENT.  I would think that if you told any physician that you were having problems swallowing, they would want to find out why.
I feel for you because I can relate.   I have a hard time swallowing as well.  But at this point not sure if it's from the thyroid or not.  Do you have an enlarged nodule?  My endo said that could cause it.  Also, STRESS can.  And have you seen an ent or gastroenterologist?  I have been told GERD can cause that swallowing problem sensation.  I have been told I have GERD, even though I rarely get heartburn, but they said it can cause that lump in the throat feeling.  Good luck.  
Go see a gastroenterologist.  Have you ever had trouble with reflux in addition to this.  I have GERD in addition to an almost non functioning thyroid.  This is causing pressure on my esophogus in addition to scar tissue from the GERD.  I have esophogeal strictures because of this.  About every five years, I go in for a procedure where they literally stretch my esophogus.  Then I am good again for another few years.  It would be worth a try.