Aa
A
A
Close
SWEATS ALL THE TIME?
My sister thinks she may have a thyroid problem. She said she saw an episode of Oprah featuring Dr. Oz and wants to know if this is true: When she comes out of the shower, she starts to sweat immediately, when she walks too far for too long, she sweats. Sometimes when she's out of the shower for like 30 mins then she notices she is sweating. Is this a thyroid problem? Please help doctor?
Cancel
4 Answers
Page 1 of 1
Sorry about your problem.  I have hypothyroidism and have the very same problems.  I can not tell you anyway I have found to stop this, but I do know that it has effected my time out in the public.  So I would like to know too.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Hyperthyroid can cause this. Not sure you age or situation but being premenopausal can also casue seats. The symptoms are similar with both. I have and had both and it is very fustrating. WIth premenopause the same things start hot sweats for me. If I can I try to sit down , have some cool water and wait a bit before moving around. If she thinks she has a thyroid problem you should be tested. I gyn can do test to see if you are perimenopausal. There are some natural things that are suppose to help with this.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
I'm hot all the time too - but T3 T4 TSH are all in 'normal range.' I'm pretty discouraged about it.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Interesting, I tend to be cold and think I am hypo though my bloodwork is normal.  My thyroid is enlarged though and I am waiting for more tests.  I do however sweat very easily and embarassingly profusely too.  Its like I have a very small comfort zone temperature-wise.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Submit Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Thyroid Disorders Community Resources
Top Thyroid Answerers
649848 tn?1424570775
Blank