Thyroid Disorders Community
TSH, T4 and Vitamin D test results

This patient support community is for discussions relating to thyroid issues, goiter, Graves disease, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Human Growth Hormone (HGH), hyperthyroid, hypothyroid, metabolism, parathyroid, pituitary gland, thyroiditis, and thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH).

TSH, T4 and Vitamin D test results

Hello.  I would very much appreciate any help interpreting my lab results.  I had asked for all my results, but these were the only ones provided to me thus far.  I am in the military and not sure what range they consider normal, but my doctor said I had a slightly high TSH --Serum Thyrotropin (TSH) = 6.03.  My Thyroxim Free (T4) was I believe normal at 1.070?  She said I also had a low Vitamin D (25-Hydroxy Calcidiol) at 10.50. My doctor has referred me to an endocrinologist and in the interim prescribed 50mcg of Synthroid each day and 50,000 U of Vitamin D to be taken two times per week.
I was wondering (1) Am I hypothyroid? borderline? and what, if any, difference that makes in treatment regimes? and (2) what if any correlation there is between my thyroid results and my Vitamin D results.  

Thank you so much for your time and help!
You are hypo and vitamin D also helps with the conversion of T4 to T3.
Most people with thyroid problems have a deficiency in Vitamin D, and B12.
I was found to be deficient in Vitamin D and since taking Vitamin D have found I am not going hyper on T4 and that my TSH is coming down.
Normally you are started on .25-.50mcg T4 medication and increments of .25mcg are increased every 4-6 weeks to enable your Free T's to stabilise and your TSH to come down to an acceptable level of between 1.0 - 2.0
Hope that helps.