Thyroid Disorders Community
Thyroid Cyst

This patient support community is for discussions relating to thyroid issues, goiter, Graves disease, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Human Growth Hormone (HGH), hyperthyroid, hypothyroid, metabolism, parathyroid, pituitary gland, thyroiditis, and thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH).

Thyroid Cyst

I went to the doctor to get my final gardisil shot.  The doctor felt my neck and she found a bump on the left side of my neck.  I had an ultrasound done and they found a cyst on the right side of my thyroid.  I went to the hospital for a FNA and they didn't do it because the doctor said it looks like a cyst and nothing else.  They want me to come back in 6 months for another ultrasound.  I have not had many symptoms of anything except that I am almost always tired and I just started having pain in the right side of my neck today.  I am not sure if it is serious or not.  If the pain is still there in a couple of days I am going to the doctor.  Do I have hypothyroidism, hyperthyroidism, or hashimotos thyroiditis?

This discussion is related to Thyroid Cyst/Tachycardia.
You kind of sound like me. I went to docs for one and thing and they send me to have ultrasound cause I have something else.   You should have your PCP do some blood work to see what your thyroid levels are. Then go from there. My opinion only.
The cyst can be treated by PEI ethanol injection
I went to my doctors office today to get my results and my doctor is on vacation.  The nurse is suppose to call me tomorrow.  I go for a follow up ultrasound in January.
My free T4 is 1.08 and my TSH is 1.43.  They are normal according to the doctor. T4 can be between 0.60 and 1.50 and TSH can be between 0.35 and 5.50.