Thyroid Disorders Community
Thyroid and miscarriage
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to thyroid issues, goiter, Graves disease, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Human Growth Hormone (HGH), hyperthyroid, hypothyroid, metabolism, parathyroid, pituitary gland, thyroiditis, and thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH).

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Thyroid and miscarriage

I wasn't sure what topic area to use but my question is this.  I have been taking levothryoid for about four years now and I can't remember for sure, but think it was because my thyroid underproduces.  Taking the medication stopped my symptoms and I have felt fine since, but recently I have been having difficulty with pregnancy.  I have miscarried three times in the last nine months and somebody in another forum suggested that it may be due to the thyroid problem.  My doctor never broached the subject and so I never even thought about it.  Does anybody have any information regarding pregnancy and thyroid and if it can be an issue or not?  We are going to be going thru genetics testing soon, but I am just looking for info.
Related Discussions
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
I am assuming that if your levels where in Labs range, miscarriage should not be due to hypothyroidism.  Normally miscarriage is connected to hypothyroid when TSH level is greater than 6 or 8. Although I am not a doctor, so you might want to  address your question to:
Mark Lupo, M.D. at "The Thyroid Disorder Forum" Medhelp at
http://www.medhelp.org/forums/thyroid/wwwboard.html  ;
It might take a few days for the doctor to answer, so be patient and keep checking in.

Good Luck!

GL
Hyper/Graves'/RAI
Blank
i had mc after mc after mc....i was hypothyroid.... once i got the proper tests.. and stuck to my medication.. ( armour) i have been successful in carrying this baby to term,.. and am awaiting his arrival.  i wish you the best of luck.. and do believe that the thyroid was to blame for all my reproductive problems..
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Thyroid Disorders Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
New Cannabis Article from NORTH Mag...