Thyroid biopsy suspicious
My biopsy came back suspicious.  I just spoke to the Dr. over the phone, but she suggests my thyroid is removed.  I have set up a second opinion.  This way, if 2 doctors tell me the same thing, I will feel better.  Has anyone else gone for a second opinion?  I like my endocrinologist, but I feel better getting another opinion.
Hi and WELCOME.

Absolutely .. I even went to a non-surgeon (Endo) for an opinion that was neutral since they don't do surgery usually.

Suspicious for which cancer?  How large?  Do you have the report?

C~
Partial 1/07
papillary micros
I did not go for a second opinion after my FNA came back suspicious for pap. carcinoma and I REALLY wish I had!  I had my whole thyroid removed back in April and "no evidence of malignancy"  was found.  Had I gone for a 2nd, and maybe a 3rd opinion, I may still have my thyroid.  
Did they do a frozen biopsy during surgery?  Also, how large were your nodules and what type of cancer.

My frozen biopsy was non-cancer on the table so only half taken out and then 48hrs later they found 2 tiny micro's that were papillary elsewhere in the gland so I ended up with like 5 more opinions whether to have the other side out or not esp. since I have a 4.0mm stable nodule there.

The not knowing is rough, too, so you know you are ok and they are gone and cannot ever turn cancerous; that may help you.

C~
I had a single nodule that was 2.5cm.  The FNA report was "suspicious for papillary carcinoma".  Both my endo and surgeon said I had a 75% chance of it being cancer.  So I went ahead with the TT.  They did not do a frozen section during the surgery and I got my path results that there was no cancer about a week later.  While I do wish I had gotten a 2nd opinion beforehand, you are right in that I do feel comfort in knowing that I do not ever have to worry about there being cancer.  
Yeah .. I would try to hold onto the thought about no more worries ... but I do understand the feelings you have and they are very very normal.  I was told in my case that 25% chance even if benign it could turn into cancer -- that from the FNA ahead of time.  Mine were atypical follicular cancer.

C~
You can have the slide read by another pathologist.