Vitamin D Deficiency-when will I feel better?
I was diagnosed with Vitamin D Deficiency about a month ago after getting extremly dizzy and dehydrated after a aerobic class.  I went to the doctors office with complaints and had to see the Nurse Practioner because my doctor was on vacation.  I'm very thankful that I did because she tested me my Vitamin D and it was 20.9.  Not as low as what I'm reading about, but I cannot believe the symptoms I've had.  Dizziness, which has gone away for the most part, palpitations, extreme fatigue, abdominal pain, back pain and several more aches and pains.  I just took my 5th pill in a dosage of 50,000 IU once a week for 12 weeks.  I'm wondering if anyone else out there who is dealing with this can tell me how they are feeling after their treament.  I got a sudden of energy earlier this week and finally started feeling like myself again....for 4 days.  Now I'm starting to feel bad again.  I know that I'm not even halfway through my pills.  Just wondering what kind of experiences you are having and wanting to hear that it does get better.......PLEASE!  Thanks:)
Vitamin d like thyroid takes time to build up in your system. so hang in there it does just takes time! Kevin i went from a 10 to 43 in 6 months then from a 43 to 88 in a year  but it took time to build up .
thanks!  I just realized I posted this in the wrong forum...doh!  I appreciate your encouragement:)
Did you also get your Thyroid levels checked?

Some people report dizziness with low Thyroid as well.  And it is common for people with lo thyroid to also have low Vit D.

Vit D is made from sunlight on your skin.  Don't know how the body does it but it does.  The only reason I mention is that with winter coming on, if you live in a northern climate where it is cold and you cover up a lot, plus the shorter days, means that the body has even less chance to make and keep Vit D in your bloodstream.

I live in WI and I have to take Vit D in the winter.  Makes me feel better and not so tired all the time.  Summer seems OK.
People with hyperparathyroidism also have often low vitamin D levels. It is dangerous for them to take large amounts of this vitamin (hypercalcemia). Have calcium and PTH been measured for you?
Thanks for the suggestions.  Yes, I had my thyroid (TSH) and my iron checked.  I'm not into my 10th week of prescription Vitamin D and feel a lot better.  The dizziness is gone, I have more energy and feel so much more like ME.  I started feeling better after the 5th dose.  Still looking forward to my blood draw in November to see where I'm at as far as the vitamin D level.  There's so much news about Vitamins, Vitamin D3 vs D2, etc. lately.....!!!
I had a magnesium deficiency for years and this was one of the reasons for my vitamin D deficiency. Magnesium is the most important co factor for vitamin D absorption. Vitamin D levels will rise slowly or not at all (vitamin D resistance) with a magnesium deficiency.  I found out the hard way that prolonged high doses of vitamin D worsens magnesium deficiency. Magnesium deficiency symptoms are far too numerous to mention but there are some classic symptoms to look for:

Neurological:

Behavioral disturbances
Irritability and anxiety
Lethargy
Impaired memory and cognitive function
Anorexia or loss of appetite
Nausea and vomiting
Seizures

Muscular:

Weakness
Muscle spasms (tetany)
Tics
Muscle cramps
Hyperactive reflexes
Impaired muscle coordination (ataxia)
Tremors
Involuntary eye movements and vertigo
Difficulty swallowing

Metabolic:

Increased intracellular calcium
Hyperglycemia
Calcium deficiency
Potassium deficiency

Cardiovascular:

Irregular or rapid heartbeat
Coronary spasms