Thyroid Disorders Community
can someone help me with these lab results?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to thyroid issues, goiter, Graves disease, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Human Growth Hormone (HGH), hyperthyroid, hypothyroid, metabolism, parathyroid, pituitary gland, thyroiditis, and thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH).

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

can someone help me with these lab results?

So to start off i recently had a blood test done about 3 months ago, and the only thing the was an issue was "low vitamin D. i just had another blood test done and  the ending of may 2012. i'm completely  shocked at how much issues has crawled up on me could stress be an issue?  the lab results read :LIPIDS HDL cholesterol L30, cholesterol/HDL H6.3
VLDL CHOLESTEROL- H 46
TRIGLYCERIDES H 230                                KEEP IN MIND I HAVE BEEN DIETING AND LOST 15 LBS

ENDOCRINOLOGY;
TSH 3RD GENERATION- H 4.55

SPECIAL CHEMESTRY;
VITAMIN D(25 HYDROXY) - L 11

URINALYSIS;-
BLOOD,URINE H MODERATE

URINE MICROSCOPE:-
RBC,URINE H 11-20
WBC,URINE H   5-10  

DIAGNOSTIC-
ANA SCREEN H POSITIVE
ANA TITER     H POSITIVE 1:160,NUCLEOLAR PATTERN.

I JUST TURNED 24 Years old what can all theses issues be cause by?
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
Your TSH is a little on the high side, which can indicate hypothyroidism.  You should request that your doctor order a complete thyroid profile including FREE T3 and FREE T4.  T3 and T4 are the actual thyroid hormones and will give you lots more information on your thyroid status.  Bear in mind that symptom relief for many of us didn't come until FT4 was about middle of range and FT3 upper half to upper third of range.

In addition, since your ANA was positive, you should be tested for thyroid antibodies to see if you have autoimmune thyroid disease (most thyroid dysfunction in the developed world is autoimmune).  Thyroid peroxidase antibodies (TPOab) and thyroglobulin antibodies (TGab) should both be tested since some of us are positive for one, some the other and some both.

High cholesterol can be a hypo symptom.

Vitamin D deficiency often seems to go hand-in-hand with hypo.  Has your doctor supplemented D?

Stress is a major factor in onset or exacerbation of autoimmune disease.

Do you have hypo symptoms?
Blank
1756321_tn?1377771734
A nucleolar pattern is typically indicative of scleroderma and the limited cutaneous form of systemic scleroderma better known as CREST syndrome (Calcinosis, Raynaud's phenomenon, Esophageal dysmotility, Sclerodactyly, Telangiectasia).

About half of scleroderma patients develop hypothyroidism. Hypothyroidism is the second most common cause of elevated cholesterol levels after diet. Vitamin D deficiency is also very common with hypothyroidism. Your other labs may be due to scleroderma but a full work up is needed to rule out the cause.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Thyroid Disorders Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
New Cannabis Article from NORTH Mag...