Thyroid Disorders Community
chest congestion and thyroid meds?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to thyroid issues, goiter, Graves disease, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Human Growth Hormone (HGH), hyperthyroid, hypothyroid, metabolism, parathyroid, pituitary gland, thyroiditis, and thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH).

chest congestion and thyroid meds?

Has anyone experienced continous coughing and chest congestion?
I have been on synthroid for about 10 weeks now and for the last 4 I have had a cough that is in my chest.

Any ideas if this is related to the synthroid or something else?

Thank you!

TT 4/07
RAI 7/07
I dont know bu t I think there is a connection.I am just getting over pneumonia after getting my 4th cold this summer. I dont thin k it is the synthroid as much as I think The RAI affected my immune system.If your cough persists see your doc .It was amazing how fast pneumonia set in for me .I was in hospital for 3 days last weekend.
Take care
Love Venora
I don't know about a connection to synthroid, but I have been on it for about 50 days and I noticed that I wake up with a bit more congestion and needing to cough and clear it out in the mornings..?
hope you feel better.