Thyroid Disorders Community
feeling blah

This patient support community is for discussions relating to thyroid issues, goiter, Graves disease, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Human Growth Hormone (HGH), hyperthyroid, hypothyroid, metabolism, parathyroid, pituitary gland, thyroiditis, and thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH).

feeling blah

I'm kind of in a state of limbo here. No energy but not really tired and its like all my emotions have gone numb. I just feel real blah. I have no appetite but will eat if someone tells me to. I have no intrest in doing anything...... I find myslef kind of wandering around the house. I'll start to do something like pick up or the dishes and then I'll change my mind and walk away. Still have the fever but dont feel sick other then blah.
  I have been on the synthroid 2 weeks tommorrow. I still take the lexapro so Im covered for anxiety or  deppression......
Dont know if this feeling is from the fever-from-whatever or  if its from the synthroid.

Any guesses?
It could be from the long-term fever (or infection someplace that they haven't figured out yet)  .. that is enough to wear anybody down .. it is high enough to feel its affect and since it must be coming from something not agreeing with your body I bet it is distracting your body in the "mind" dept., too if you see changes in concentration.  They say that long-term pain causes stuff like this to occur as it zaps the body of its ability to cope like before.

When do you get the test results back?

Cheryl
This comes and goes for me after the surgery (4 weeks post op tomorrow!) I felt bad enough that I couldn't go to school today.  I felt fine the first couple of weeks but at that two weeks mark I couldn't sleep and was a wreck.  By the third week I felt like I had hit a brick wall or like my husband says a brick wall fell on me!  It has been on again and off again since then.  I went back for my labs last wednesday and will go back to the doc for increase or whatever this wednesday.  I have been having problems concentrating...I forget things and can't carry on a conversation unless I concentrate really hard on my words.  Having a fever on top of that is probably compounding the problems.

Hope you feel better
Suzie
The doctors office called yesterday and said the labs were " all over the place" Counts that should be high were low.... and vise versa. Then she said "urine was fine and chest xray was good......you have a pretty good infection somewhere". OH REALLY??  Gee what an idea. If only they had listen to me two weeks ago!!!!!!!!!!!!

they finally put me on an antibiotic so I should be a LOT better here in a day or two.
Doesn't that just tick you off!!!!??????

Take care and hope you get better soon.
Suzie