Thyroid Disorders Community
question about result of test?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to thyroid issues, goiter, Graves disease, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Human Growth Hormone (HGH), hyperthyroid, hypothyroid, metabolism, parathyroid, pituitary gland, thyroiditis, and thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH).

question about result of test?

hi everyone
i am ttc from long time but no success.my prolectine level always high.
my endo advice me some test
results (tsh 0.26, prolectine 60,abti tpo-1600)
can any one please give me any information in this regard.
thanks in advance

just your TSH doesn't give enough information to know if you really have a thyroid problem.  Your TSH appears to be on the low side, however woudl need to see FT3 and FT4 to know if there is or isn't a thyroid issue (hyperthyroid).

High prolactin can be a sign of a pituitary issue.  Mostly these can be easily treated with medication.  Prolactinomas are usually small and stable - but they can affect your prolactin levels.  Given the possibility of pituitary issue, it is even more important that the doctor tests Ft3 and FT4 before coming to any conclusions.  If TSH and FT3 and FT4 are low it points to secondary hypothyroid.  If TSH is low and FT3 and FT4 are high it would point to primary hyperthyroid.  Management is very different - opposite.

High prolactin can be treated with medication (carbologine or bromocriptine), which can be very effective in restoring ovulation and allowing pregnancy.

I got pregnant with my daughter after being on bromocriptine for just a few months - and I have a pituitary prolactin-secreting microadenoma, TSH is very low but I am hypothyroid and on replacement thyroid meds).

I was able to breastfeed, and after pregnancy my prolactin levels did not rise again.... however my TSH has stayed extremely low for many years already.... my medication is adjusted solely based on FT3 and FT4 levels.
thanks sally
i have pitutAry adenoma dignosed in 2006.already taking bromocriptin for this.i have had 6recurrent miscarrige.i never tested by anti TPO before.now its value is 1300.is it may the reson of my miscarrige?
With the high antibody count, it sounds like you might have Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, as well as the pituitary adenoma.  Have you had any other tests done, such as Free T3 and Free T4?  
i have been  tested FT4 -1.27 in july 2011.that time i had 0.02.i have prolectinoma of 6mm dignosed in 2006.taking bromocriptin for this.
that time TMA and ANA found negitive.
how its possible anti bodies are so high.i am very worried.can i have a baby at this values.ttc from ling time.please give any advice.
thanks
You need to have an FT3, as well as the FT4 and TSH.  

The high antibody count indicates that you have Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, which is an autoimmune disease in which the body sees the thyroid as foreign and produces antibodies to destroy it.  As the destruction progresses, your thyroid will eventually not be able to produce adequate hormones.  

You can get pregnant, but you need to make sure all your thyroid levels are adequate, as that's very important for the development of a healthy baby.