Thyroid/Firbormyalgia User Group
Sound familiar to anyone?
About This Group:

Discussion of symptoms for thyroid disorders and relationship to fibromyalgia.

Founded by NMRed1000 on October 2, 2009
78 members

Sound familiar to anyone?

I am hoping someone recognizes this symptom pattern, because I am desperately searching for some answers regarding some awful muscle spasms that sound identical to what is described in this old discussion thread:

http://www.medhelp.org/posts/Thyroid-Cancer-Nodules--Hyperthyroidism/Hashimotos-and-Muscle-tightness/show/263700?forums=forums

My TSH is within normal range, but for the past 2 years, I have had the same constant tension and spastic activity in my neck, shoulders, and back.  I have trigger points, and my muscles feel as hard as rocks.  The tension varies, but when it's really bad my left shoulder is noticeably higher than my right shoulder; the former is up and back, while the latter is torqued down and forward.  The worst part is the headaches, which can be agonizing.  I have this constant sensation of pressure on both sides of my head, as if there is a vise squeezing me, but at its worst, the pain can be 10 of 10.  I've done trigger point injections, a shoebox full of various medications, and even Botox--all to no avail.  I'm at my wit's end.  

Is there a Hashimoto's connection that anyone has found?  Does this sound like any form of fibromyalgia or chronic myofascial pain anyone here has experienced?  If so, did you find any lasting relief?  Thanks so much for any help you can offer.
kc6201 commented on One white pimple on t...
Aug 14
kc6201 joined this group
Welcome them!
Aug 14
parakeetlady hoping doctor can change he... Comment
Aug 07