Trigeminal Neuralgia Expert Forum
Shocks in face
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and discussions relating to Causes, Clinical Trials, Diagnosis, Family and Friends Issues, Living with Trigeminal Neuralgia, Pain Management, Research, Risk Factors, Symptoms, Surgery and Treatment of Trigeminal Neuralgia.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Shocks in face

I've had electric shocks cross my face essentially from my ear across my cheekbone for several weeks now. They are not terrible pain by any means, just quick zaps. Sometimes, they go over my eyebrow, too. Sometimes, making a certain face seems to set one off, or if I touch my face right at the cheekbone.

I'm seeing a neurologist because of other things, symptoms that had people thinking MS but now they're just confused, so we're in a waiting game. Anyway, this obviously isn't *real* trigeminal neuralgia, but is it something else related to that? They're pretty frequent little zaps. What would cause this to happen? It's right side only.

Thanks,
Bio