~*Deanna's Sperm Meets Egg Plan*~
***Note- Just wanted to let you ladies know that this is a great plan to follow while TTC, I mention this plan to many people so I figured I would make it easier to access for you! :) SSBD and Love!!

Deanna's Plan

Whether you are trying again after a miscarriage, or frustrated that you can't seem to get pregnant again after a successful pregnancy, this plan is for women who have gotten pregnant in the past, and therefore do not have significant infertility problems that need to be tested and treated. It is also a good plan to try for a first pregnancy if you want to do something serious to increase your chances before finally going in for a doctor visit about fertility.

Even if you have had an easy time getting pregnant in the past, pregnancy tends to change your hormonal makeup, so sometimes timing is not the same as it was before. This plan will ensure that sperm gets to your egg. Whether or not a viable pregnancy results (the odds are about 1 in 4 even if you time it right), is up to nature.

Be prepared for a month of serious loving!

The Plan

Short Version:

"Try" every other night starting Day 8
Buy 10 ovulation predictor kit sticks
Begin ovulation testing on Day 10
When test is positive, "try" that night, plus two additional nights in a row
Skip one night, then do one last "try"
Take a home pregnancy test 15 days after your ovulation test was positive, if your period has not begun
If your ovulation test never goes positive, continue "trying" every other night until Day 35, then do a pregnancy test if your period has not begun.
Statistics coming in from women who write me show that about 40% of post-miscarriage women will get pregnant on the first try if they are faithful to the plan, about double the number of the normal population who are not on the plan. This assumes, of course, that you waited for a normal cycle to begin after your loss, and did not begin trying before having a period after a miscarriage. Many women do not ovulate in that first cycle.
Detailed Version:

On day 8 of your cycle, counting from the first day you bled, begin "trying" every other night. Begin taking Ovulation Predictor Kits (or continue with your Ovulation computer) on Day 10. Buy two five-packs so as not to scrimp on taking them and stop too early. To make sure your OPK is working well, take your test in the afternoon or after work and do not drink any liquids or go to the bathroom for at least four hours prior to testing. (Morning is not a good time for OPKs, which look for the LH surge, which usually happens during the day.) Read your OPK instructions carefully, as usually a faint line does not indicate a positive, you need a line that is darker than the test line. LH is produced throughout your cycle and will only predict ovulation when it has a big surge.

When your OPK turns positive, begin trying every night for three consecutive nights, skip the fourth night, and then once more. Then stop! The waiting begins.

Take a home pregnancy test 15 or 16 days after your OPK was positive if your period has not begun. Do not buy internet pregnancy tests or tests that claim to work before your period is expected. They are not well manufactured and are not reliable. They will only cause you more anxiety than you already feel in wanting to know. Please resist the urge to do a blood test at your doctor's office just to find out sooner unless you have a medical reason to know early. Fertilized eggs that do not grow are actually a terrible but normal occurrence as much as 75% of the time, and seeing a very low put positive blood test in the first 14 days can place you on a terrible emotional roller coaster. By the time a home pregnancy test is positive, your baby has safely implanted and your odds of miscarriage are down to a normal 10%.

Should your OPK never become positive, keep the every other day trying going until day 35. I recommend at that point taking a home pregnancy test, but even if it is negative, you might want to take a quantitative hCG blood test at your doctor's office. Remember that not every women will ovulate every month. I personally did not ovulate for two months following my first miscarriage.

As you are trying, make sure to "release" the sperm in your partner at least once during the gap between ovulation and new cycle Day 8 so that no more than 10 days elapse without new sperm production. Sperm is also a cause of genetic damage, not just eggs, so keep it fresh! If you are not successful the first month, it is not because your sperm did not get to your egg. 75% of eggs are lost within the first 14 days due to normal genetic damage or failure to fertilize. Just keep trying!

Thank you for the info. I will try this out and hopefully it will work. I will let you know how it goes.
great info heather i believe it is really going to help me.... will keep you informed...
I've recently just had a miscarriage and is ready to ttc as soon as i get the all clear... this is amazing info Heatherm4. i'm excited to try the plan A.S.A.P  
hiya thanx for the info, had 2 miscarriages got pregnent straight after my first miascariage , but its been 9 months since my last now and having difficulty catching, took ovulation test this mornin and it was positive, havent had a positive since the last miscariage thanx for this info =D
If I could "like" this post then I would!
Thanks to this being posted and me reading it a couple of weeks ago, this month it seems for the first time since my coil was removed in Jan it looks like dh and I will actually be BD exactly my fertile window. I thought I was ovulating much later on than I am and thanks to this post and the 'O' tests I am using I hope it won't be too long before I am pg again!

So thank you! :D
thank you!

going to try this once AF is gone! :)
This seems worth a try! Charting BBTs will add another great tool to help indicate O.
This is awesome. Definitely going to try this.  Thanks for sharing this!!!
This is great. Im Glad that i got this information ive been trying this method this month.
i started testing on cd11 i got a positive yesterday and started all necessary activities so im stepping out on faith, pok, prenatal vitamins and Deanna's sperm meets egg.
i hope to try the same n i keep ma fingers crossed...ll keep informed ..
I used my last OPK today and it was positive. That was around 12:30pm est.. I'm waiting for DH to come home from work. Then we'll BD..lol..We've been "trying since cycle day 7 only missing CD8 and CD11..I'm also going to run and grab another box of tests just in case...I'm very excited. I seem to have been following Deanna's Plan unknowingly this cycle..lol. We'll see!!
WILL HAVE TO GIVE THIS A GO AS SOON AS MISS AF APPEARS , EVERYTHING IS WORTH A TRY I SUPPOSE XX
"Try" every other night starting Day 8
Buy 10 ovulation predictor kit sticks
Begin ovulation testing on Day 10 "

"When your OPK turns positive, begin trying every night for three consecutive nights, skip the fourth night, and then once more. Then stop! The waiting begins."

Ok I followed this to a T...We'll see what happens..My wait begins today!
best of luck sweetie x
Today is day #8. Sticking to this plan this time! Praying for a baby....
I'm not sure if it's because of this plan BUT it WORKED....BFP today!!!!
i am following this plan now, thanks to a friend who told me about it :-)
i am on day 2 of BD'ing.....lets see how it goes! good luck to all and ****SSBD****
If I do not get a BFP this month I will be trying this!!  

Baby dust to all!!!
We are trying SMEP this cycle. We had two miscarriages 1st one Aug 2010 2nd one March 2011. I had to have an abdominal myomectomy to remove 8 fibroids and had to wait 12 weeks post surgery before we could try again. Keeping our fingers crossed that this is our month. Its our first time trying since March 2011 but we have been trying since Nov 2006.
I was just wondering since I got a pos opk yesterday and today how do I know when to stop having sex everyday lol. We just said that we will bd everyday until I get a negative again then skip one day and bd the next day then just wait and see after that.
I know this is a lil late but don't stop...lol. The more the better! Cover all basis...hehe Good luck to you!
I am all new to this thanks to a lady that posted on a question i had asked......my husband and i are ttc for over 3 years with no luck......i will deff try this.....i am on day one today and also i am using clearblue ovulation kit and i usually start testing at day 10.....and depends on my days as they are always diff i ovulate day 18 to 23(always diff) so should we start every other day on the 8th day and continue till i ovulate and do it on that same day and next 2 skip one and do 1 again and than stop till i am soposed to get my period??? Did i get that right????
Thanks so much!!!!
I have a comment for MrsPincince. Have you tried tracking your bbt so you can identify when you ovulate? Perhaps your lp is too short. Problems like this can be fixed by taking herbs such as vitex. Do some googling on it. It might just be an answer for you. Best of luck.
I did this with DD and got pregnant the month I did this plan.  Now I am TTC #2 and just started this plan this cycle.  Hoping it works like it did the last time!!!
My husband and I have been ttc for over a year now and am going to try this my next cycle! Hope it works for us! Thanks for posting!
Thank you I will have to try this. I printed it off so I will have it and don't have to search for it.
for anyone seeing this and wondering if the plans works - it does!!!

we are part of the lucky 40% who managed on the first try.

Good luck and baby dust to all
I'm so glad that this has helped many of you! :) For others, don't loose hope..it's not always going to work on the first try! Good luck to you and SSBD!!!
So glad to hear it worked. I'm going to try it this time. We are on cd 4. We've been trying for 2 months with no luck. Maybe this will be our time? Fingers crossed.
You must join this user group in order to participate in this discussion.
Sheaby commented on photo
Sheaby, and KeeLolo commented on KeeLolo's status
KeeLolo commented on veronica0808's status
Nov 30