Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
2.5 years of intermittant low grade fever and severe fatigue

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Over the last 1-3 years I have been living with 99.1-99.9 degrees fever.. When I have a spell, my cheeks feel really hot and then I take my temp.. sure enough.. it is above normal.  I have had cbc diff. no infections, urine checked out fine, I have been checked for HP BA and C and AIDS, LUPUS, RA Ankelosing Spondalitis.  Cat scan of the abdomen, chest and pelvis looking for Lymphomas... I had diverticulitsi  in 2012 and Ulcerative colits, so I thought this was my problem even though not having any bathroom problems consistant with the fever.. although I do have IBS.. Gastro today told me that he was 80 % sure that it is not UC or chrohns.. So now I am at a loss and keep searching. I feel so crummy and no energy... Getting ready to tell conventional medicine to take a hike and start with a Nutritionist/Naturopath and keep journaling.  I too sometimes feel like I am going crazy.. Everyone wants to just tell me it is Hormonal...42 years old...I am so sick of hearing this..
It is possible you have Herpes type 6 which can cause chronic fatigue syndrome. It used to be thought that Ebstein barr virus caused chronic fatigue syndrome. It is hard to test for this virus as it resides in the cells. However, some data suggest getting treated with a strong antiviral med cured 9/12 patients. I don't know if you want to see an infectious disease specialist or talk to your doctor about this and see what they say. It is possible you have a low lying problem in the intestines that is causing the fatigue and fever. Have you tried probiotics? It is just a thought. Is the ulcerative colitis under control? You do want to boost your immune system so a nutritionist/naturopath may be helpful.
regards,
p.s. have you had your thyroid levels tested? You could be low in thyroid and that would cause fatigue but not fever. Some people run a low fever and some low grade and above normal. Temperatures do raise in the afternoon and peak about 6 p.m.
mkh9
I had walking pneumonia for a year before being told to see an allergist however seeing a natural doctor should be the right way to go. If they are smart, they would put you on an elimination diet to get you to a non-reaction state. Then you add foods back in to see if you have problems with anything. They can give you some answers just with a hair analysis. I had great success seeing a natural doctor. They do not try to fight off symptoms they find what causes your problems and helps you eliminate the cause.