7 year old boy with high fever, swelling of the face, redness of eyes and high white blood cell count which is causing liver problems
7 year old boy with high fever, swelling in the face, red eyes, redness around eyes, high white blood cell count which is causing problems to the liver.  Was told it could possibly be some form of Hepititus. Anyone have any information that could relate to these symptoms?
My son had very similar symptons which was later diagnosed as Kawasaki's disease. (this was about 12 years ago .Very high fever & slight rash on body and fire red eyes, very lethargic. He was about 4 years old at the time. The treatment he received was gama gobulin  which quickly brought the fever down. Thought you may want to check this lead.
I agree.  I've seen many kids present with similar symptoms and diagnosed with Kawasaki's disease.  If it is it is easily treated once diagnosed.  Definitely something to look into.
Doctor Ratings & Reviews
Comprehensive info on 720K doctors.
Complete reviews, ratings & more.