Abnormal discharge and lump, what is it? Ideas?
Last week I noticed that I had a bump on my labia majora. It was somewhat flat at the surface, but underneath the skin, it felt like a hard ball. I could never get the bump to fully pop, it would only pop a little bit at a time. A little bit of blood would come out, and also a clear liquid. I went to the gyno and she said it probably isn’t a herpe outbreak, but she took a culture (test) of it just to be sure. I also have heavier discharge than usual and it also has a fowl odor. Until she calls me with the results, I’m worried sick. Any input would be great. Thanks!
What you have is a blocked sebaceous cyst.
They are a nuisance and can become quite painful and infected.

I have pasted the web link below that talks about these cysts and about placing a heated spoon on to the cyst to get it up to the surface.
I do not know if this works as I have never tried it.

Although I have done what you have and even used a sterilized needle, this can spread the infection.  The doctor can lance it if it gets ready to be lanced.

With the heavier discharge and fowl odour, make an appointment back with gyno or your own doctor as soon as possible.  Having these symptoms is indicative of a bacterial infection and you do need a course of antibiotics and possibly a pessary.

The two problems more than likely are not connected.

http://thefabv.wordpress.com/2011/06/14/sebaceous-cyst-on-your-labia-grab-a-spoon/

Best wishes.
thank you so much! that was a lot of help
Hope that you are now sorted :)
Very much sorted! :)
Hi jemna116,

I heard back from my gyno and she said that all of the tests and lab work came back normal, as well as the vaginal culture she did on the bump I had on my labia. However, I'm still experiencing my discharge to have an odor. The gyno said that I don't have a yeast infection, or any kind of infection, and like I said, all lab work came back normal. She tested me for EVERYTHING possible. Just wondering what this could be? Do I happen to just have a smelly discharge?
It may be that your own natural odour is mixing with the washing detergent or soap that you are using.  Do not use any perfumed soaps, shower gels or feminine sprays.  These can change the pH level on your skin.

Wash every day and wear clean cotton under wear every day too.

It is normal to have a natural lubrication.  But a discharge that is a milky white or yellow with a foul smell does need to be checked.

If you notice that your discharge does become worse and continues to be bothersome, make an appointment with your doctor to get another swab taken.
Thank you for your feedback, I really appreciate it! Things down there seem to be under control now. :)
Brilliant, that is good news.
Thanks for your feedback.
:)