Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Always-Stuffy nose

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Always-Stuffy nose

My nose is always stuffy. Year round, inside our out, and no matter where I am or what enviroment I'm in. I have a lot of mucus that mostly seems to run down the back of my throat. I don't think it's allergies. I have read some things, and I think that the tissue inside of my nose is swollen. The nostril area doesn't seem swollen, so I guess it must be further in. It's hard to get enough air through my nose.
Thanks for the advice, I'll definately get with my doctor asap.
There are these things called Polyps that can grow inside the nose and block air passage.  Also, if it is sinus-related, you definitely need to have it checked out immediately because infections or irritations in the sinus cavity can migrate into the brain and cause major problems if left alone for too long.  Definitely, see an allergist as soon as you can.
I had the same symptoms and had allergy testing done.  Basically I turned out to be allergic to everything - mold, dust, trees, pollen, cats, dogs, etc.  The dr. thinks that is the cause of my congestion and post nasal drip (I wasn't taking allergy meds.) so I recommend getting allergy tested - I have been suffering for years too with congestion, post nasal drip and a lot of sinus infections and now I found out I have allergies.  Good luck - I know how you feel!
did you have any coloured discharged stuck in the septum! i am always stuffy and congested in the nose like there is no air going through - when i look up i can see some cream coloured mucus stuck in my nose - lithe septum bit - is from beconase? or is it what infection looks like ?
how do you know it can migrate to the brain?  
i dont get anything running down back of my throat  - just feel  like i have a cold all the time - when i breath up there is no air getting up nose
Try cutting out dairy. My daughter is allergic to cows milk and whenevr she has dairy she has alot of mucus and congestion. As soon as we took the dairy out of her diet she cleared right up. It would be best to get some allegy testing done. There are alot of poeple who have many allergies and are not aware of them.
Even if it is not allergies, it could be fungal infection or hypersensitivities. See an allergist.