Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Always freezing and hungry

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Always freezing and hungry

I have always eaten a lot but I have noticed recently that no matter how much I eat, I'm always really hungry. Even straight after dinner and desert I fell like I haven't eaten in hours. On top of this I am constantly cold and I get dizzy spells where my vision becomes blurred and I can smell something strange. I'm not fat, but I weigh maybe slightly above average for a girl my age even if I look totally normal. If it's in any way connected, I have always been pale, prone to coldsores and i have always had travel sickness and very dry skin.
  • very hungrey (4 replies):
    lately in the past 3 months ive been extremly hungrey. i...[more]
  • hunger (1 replies):
    why am i hungry all the time I never was before.
  • Always Hungry~~ (4 replies):
    i am constantly hungry, i am 20 year old female who weig...[more]
  • tape worm? (3 replies):
    okay so for about a week now, i've been hungrier then us...[more]
  • Feeling hungry a lot (5 replies):
    Hey, for the past few months I've been experiencing prob...[more]
1 Comment
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
You will be surprised to know that stomach ulcers and severe acidity can result in hunger pangs. Even GERD presents with similar symptoms. At times the hunger pangs due to acidity wakes up a person in the wee hours of night. Omeprazole is a good drug to combat this. Along with it you can try over the counter antacids. However I would recommend you see a doctor and take medication under a doctor’s supervision. Avoid heavy meals and take frequent small ones. Avoid too much of caffeine, tea, fried food and drinks both alcoholic and non alcoholic fuzzy ones. Avoid heavy exercises within 4 hours of a heavy meal. Raise the head end of the bed by pillows to 30 degrees. Avoid lying down for at least 2 hours after food. Take a late night snack and keep lozenges or crackers beside to bed to be eaten when the  pain starts. If you are on contraceptive depot shot then this can cause acidity and make you feel as though you are hungry due to lot of acid. The other possibility is diabetes, hyperthyroid states and worms in the gut. All can keep you hungry 24x7. Though a rare disorder, pancreatic insulinomas should also be thought of in your case and have someone check your blood sugar while you have an anxiety *** hunger attack. The hypoglycemia in this is transient and there is a quick increase in blood glucose once you eat.
Please consult your PCP for primary examination followed by proper referral.
Take care!