Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Bleeding on the Roof of my Mouth

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Bleeding on the Roof of my Mouth

Hey guys,

I'm a 21 year old male and I have an oral issue where the cause is unknown. Apparently I have a habit of pushing my tongue to the roof of my mouth and feeling around as if there was bits of food stuck on the roof of my mouth. It almost seems like a nervous reaction like popping joints or biting nails. It wouldn't usually bother me, but I've been tasting blood lately, as if I'm actually cutting the roof of my mouth. Does anyone have anything to help me?

This may be completely unrelated and coincidental, but I started taking prescription Adderall (adderrall) about 2 months ago and I've noticed it ever since I started on Adderall (adderrall). Any help would be fantastic. Thanks!

Adderall (adderrall) can cause anorexia,weight loss and abdominal pain but it causing taste of blood in mouth is not documented.You are having dysguesia i.e bitter or bad taste in mouth. It can be due to dental caries, gastro-esophageal reflux disease,sinusitis causing post nasal drip,salivary glands infection,pharyngitis or strep infection, medications like antibiotics, vitamins and antidepressants, poor oral hygiene, copper or lead toxicity and Sjogren’s syndrome.Can you identify any of these?

Sometimes there is bleeding gums due to vit C deficiency.This can also cause bloody or bad taste in mouth.
You can fight against this taste by having citrus juices, lemonade and foods marinated in vinegar. They not only break through the taste, but also help in saliva production that helps in washing away the metallic taste. Every time you brush your teeth, make sure to brush your tongue also. It will help in lessening the metallic taste. You can use some oral mouthwashes and take some vit C tablets also. This should help.

But if the symptoms persist then please consult a doctor for a complete examination.
Actually, while that isn't a documented effect of Adderall (adderrall), it happens. I took 60 mg last night and everything went as expected (I've done this drug recreationally many times before but usually with multiple months between) except... just now, a full 24 hours after my dosing and without food or sleep, I tried to eat a burger. OW! Intense agonizing pain ensued as I tried to swallow the food. It sucked, horribly, the roof of my mouth swelled greatly and was very unpleasant.

I had never experienced this side effect before so I promptly Googled the words 'Adderall (adderrall) roof of mouth' and a whole slew of mostly identical anecdotes appeared before me. Definitely the Adderall (adderrall).
I woke up this morning doing the same thing as you did, but it didn't feel like there was food stuck to the roof of my mouth.  Instead it was more of a combination of phlegm and something that was brown in color.  There was a lot of blood but I think that was from my teeth and gums.