Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Broken Rib & Underwire Bra

A community for discussions on undiagnosed symptoms: breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Broken Rib & Underwire Bra

6297406?1288283414
I just "Googled" Broken Rib/Bras and this website came up.  I read a discussion forum on exactly what has happened to me.  I have worn an underwire bra for years but I have a severe case of osteoporosis.  I lift a lot of heavy boxes and bins in my job and sometime on Friday (I don't recall anything traumatic happening) I must have lifted one too many because I started to have some tenderness on the rib bone just below my left breast.  By Saturday when I tried to go to sleep, laying  on my right side, the pain was so excruciating that I just couldn't do it.  I went to Emergency in the morning and the doctor confirmed that I had, indeed, broken a rib.  Gone are my underwire bras.  And I have to realize that my osteo is more serious than I had given it credit for.

This discussion is related to BRUISED RIB FROM UNDERWIRE BRA??.
Do you have Celiac disease or something to have such bad osteoporosis?  
No.  It's a genetic issue.  My great-grandmother probably had it, my grandmother and mother had it and I was diagnosed when I was about 40.  My 32 year-old sister got tested and had osteo-penia so I had my four children tested and my son who was 16 at the time had it and 2 of my 3 girls had osteo-penia.