Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Burning Left Pelvic Pain

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Burning Left Pelvic Pain

Since mid December I have been experiencing a burning pain in my left pelvic region. It`s more prominent at night but is around all day off and on. I also have some tenderness in my left testicle which is sparatic. I`ve been tested for gonarhea and chlamydia and both were negative. I had x-rays this morning for kidney stones but they were negative. I am very scared and worried about what it might be. I do have what I feel is  numbness in my lower left of  my back as well. Sometimes, it burns a little bit when I pee but not enough to hurt or bother me. I also have some redness at the opening of my penis (urethra). I`ve been described ratio-ciprofloxacin which seemed to help for the two weeks I was on it, but two days after I was off  it  came back, and during the time I took the medication. My doctor cannot seem to figure out what it is, I found Diverticulitis online and I`m going to ask her if she thinks that`s what it is. I`m a realativly healthy male 36yrs. I have had two different partners and wore condoms with both, Not mine theirs. Could the condoms have given me an infection. Please help.
You could have a pelvic floor disorder.I'm 45 and the past 3 yrs and 6 doctors later and different meds later turn out that whats i've been diagnosed with.Lot of pressure around bladder area, burning and aching in the lower area &testicles.Lot of drs dont reconize this disorder.Let me know if you want more info.
                                                   Tim
Thanks for writing to the forum!
Kidney stones can be the cause of pain and infection. However a CT scan of the abdomen will give a better picture because an X-ray can capture only radio-opaque stones. You could have an associated nerve impingement at the vertebral column. Maybe a MRI of the affected level of the vertebral column will throw some light.

Urinary tract infections (UTIs) and retrograde ejaculation are other possibilities.  In men, the most common source of the infection is the prostate gland (prostatitis). Pain in testicle could be due to infection, like prostatitis, epididymitis or orchitis. Get a culture sensitivity test for both semen and urine done. Varicocele or spermatocele should also be ruled out. An ultrasound of the testicles will diagnose cancer, varicocele and spermatocele.

It is difficult to comment beyond this at this stage. Do consult an urologist and an orthopedic specialist for this.  Please let me know if there is any thing else and do keep me posted. Take care!