Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
CT Scan and pregnancy
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

CT Scan and pregnancy

This will probably sound like a silly question, but I would like to ease my mind if anyone can help.  I have my own reasons for not posing this question to my GYN.  I recently had an abdominal CT Scan for abdominal discomfort under my left ribcage.  The scan came back normal, thank goodness.  My question is:  will a normal or abnormal pregnancy show up on a CT scan--I mean, if I'm not suppose to be pregnant when I have a CT scan, will the radiologist see it and report it??  I know it sounds crazy, but I had an ablation last year and have been feeling strange movements mimicking baby movements.  Can someone ease my mind by telling me yes, they would have noticed and reported this?  The moment of possible pregnancy would have happened at least 3 mos. before the scan.
Related Discussions
1 Comment
Blank
563773_tn?1374250139
Hello,

Yes a CT scan abdomen can tell whether you are pregnant or not. But CT scanning is, in general, not recommended for pregnant women because of potential risk to the baby.

Ultrasound is probably the most frequently used radiologic modality for evaluating a pregnant abdomen. You can get a urine for pregnancy test done to clear your doubts.

There are many conditions incidental to pregnancy.These include gastrointestinal conditions like peptic ulcers, gastroenteritis, Herniation and bowel obstruction etc.
Various genitourinary, respiratory and vascular conditions are also incidental to pregnancy.

Pls consult a physician for the confirmatory diagnosis.

Take care and God bless.

Blank
Continue discussion Blank
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Undiagnosed Symptoms Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
New Cannabis Article from NORTH Mag...