Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Chest pain and trouble swallowing

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Chest pain and trouble swallowing

I am a 23 year old male and I am generally in good health.  Over the past 6 days, I have had recurring chest pain mostly under my sternum, but sometimes to the left or right as much as 4 inches.  When I have the pains, they vary in pain by how deeply i breath.  I went to the ER the other night because the chest pain was very bad and lasted for 30-35 minutes.  It felt like I was going to have a heart attack.  My EKG and blood work at the hospital were all normal.  In the past 4 weeks, I have also had a CBC, blood chemistry, mono test (Epstein-barr) -- 2 times, strep, HIV, chlamydia and gonorrhea.  All came back negative.

In addition to the chest pain, I have also had pains in random areas of my body that last for 1-2 minutes and then go away.  Particularly, I will get pain in my right elbow, both armpits, in front and in behind my ears, minor earaches and minor pain in my abdomen.  I had, and recovered form, bronchitis over Thanksgiving (z-pack antibiotics).  From Dec 10-13 I had stiffness in my neck, swollen lymph nodes and when swallowing, a feeling that something was stuck in my throat.  This resolved by itself, but the feeling in my throat has now come back

Does anyone have an suggestions of what this could be?  Lyme Disease? A yeast infection in my throat? Fungal infection? Esophageal spasm? Costochondritis? Pericarditis?

The only other thing I can think of that could be a factor was performing oral sex on a girl about 6 weeks ago, after which a lot of these symptoms began (besides the chest pain).

Any help would be great. Thanks.
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
The chest pain and trouble in swallowing could be due to gastric reflux. Another possibility is hiatal hernia, where a portion of stomach herniates into the chest cavity through the diaphragm. Both can be diagnosed by an endoscopy. Crohn’s disease and IBS too often cause nonspecific pains. Also along with gastric reflux and hiatal hernia, ask your doctor to rule out diabetes and hypothyroidism.
Hope this helps. Do let me know if there is any thing else and keep me posted. Take care!
Just an update.  I have had multiple tests over the past 2 weeks, all of which have proved inconclusive.  Chest x-ray, abdomen ultrasound, barium swallow, upper endoscopy, and extensive bloodwork that was all normal (ruling out lyme disease as I had suspected)  According to all of these, I am in perfect health, but I still have traveling pains that vary in intensity, from my chest to my thighs to my testicles to my head.  It has been difficult to get a diagnosis because the symptoms come and go, and I oftentimes don't have bad symptoms when I have had my appointments.  If you can think of any other ideas, it would be greatly appreciated.  

One additional note is that I suffered a broken nose and concussion over the summer after being sucker punched in the nose and subsequently hit my head on the pavement.  Could these symptoms be related to my brain/nervous system?
If all conditions have been ruled out then it could be a case of chronic fatigue syndrome or fibromyalgia. Anemia, low thyroid function, low calcium or Vit D and diabetes too can cause non specific body aches and pains. Fall on head can cause neurological symptoms and not body aches coming on and off. See if you have been tested for the above conditions.  It is difficult to comment beyond this. Take care!