Constant flu like symptoms
My husband and I are both in our sixtys and for the past three years we have year around flu symptoms. The symptons are on and off but mostly on. The symptoms are always the same, up set stomach, muscle aches and pains and then very sleepy and spend days in bed,.Because of our age we thought it was a bad immune system and we tryed everything on the market to bolster our immune system but nothing worked.  Our doctor did't give us any help because he doesn't know what to do either
If anyone has tis our get's help with it let me know please.
Did your doctor run a blood test? 3 years is an awful long time, but mono can be a doozey (though I have never heard of anyone having mono for more than a few months...)

Without examination,confirming a diagnosis is tough but your symptoms are suggestive of infectious mononucleosis,irritable bowel syndrome and inflammatory bowel disease.

Infectious mononucleosis is caused by EBV(Epstein barre virus ) and is characterized by fever, sore throat, muscle soreness,diarrhea ,abdominal pain and fatigue.The important thing is that the virus lies dormant in the B cells indefinitely after symptoms have disappeared, and resurface at a later date.

Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) is a functional bowel disorder characterized by mild to severe abdominal pain, discomfort, bloating and alteration of bowel habits.

Inflammatory bowel disease (IBD) is a group of inflammatory conditions of the large intestine and small intestine. The major types of IBD are Crohn's disease and ulcerative colitis.

I sincerely advise you to consult a physician and get these three possibilities evaluated.Monospot tests,immnuoflorescence, antibody titres,colonoscopy and CT abdomen are needed to confirm a diagnosis.

Hope it helps.Take care and pls do keep me posted on how you are doing or if you have any additional doubts.