Contastant Cramps and tight muscles
I have had muscle issues for years and it is getting worse while I am traveling abroad. A few years ago I began getting monthly massages to try and work out the tightness in my calves from skiing. They never can get them relaxed/smooth. I try to stretch often but am not consistent I guess. Now that I am on a 6 month tour of SE Asia my cramping has become worse. I drink a ton of water, eat pumpkin seeds, bananas, and have now started taking magnesium and calcium supplements. The translation at the Pharmacy is challenging and I am not sure if I should be taking a calcium carbonate or what else I can do to let my muscles recover. The cramps are in my arms, legs, hands and feet.
I am a Celiac and Type 1 Diabetic if that is related to me not absorbing something.
Any suggestions?
If you are diabetic and take insulin or metformin, these drugs can cause elevated insulin levels, which, in turn  deplete potasium and can cause cramps. Those who inject a little too much insulin often develop hand cramps.
Good to know. That may be the root of the issue.