Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Corners of lips cracking

A community for discussions on undiagnosed symptoms: breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Corners of lips cracking

The corners of my mouth just suddenly began to crack open and are very painful. They are form flaky scabs over night but when I open my mouth in the morning, they break open again. Does anyone know what might cause this or what I can do to treat it?
Avatar n tn
I had this years ago & doc said I needed Vit B to make it go away - he was right. I live in NZ and here we have a spread called vegemite which is high in Vitamin B and thats what everyone eats to get rid of this problem. It works. So find a good source of it, or take B complex capsules. In the mean time, you need to regularly put on some kind of cream to keep it moist  - I use vasaline - patrolium jelly. Don't know if you have that where you are, but ask pharmasist for something similar - if you can keep it moist, it won't crack in the mornings and will be able to heal. Good luck.
Avatar n tn
This condition is often seen from med response or a virus. Are
you on any type meds or antibiotics? Pharmacist can tell you if
this is side effect. 'Z' really offers best solution. Vasaline
during day/bed etc. Avoid chapstick or things w/ wax. keep
make-up not too close or will irritate. Not sure how avail.
this stuff is near you, but 'tea-tree oil' is a great antiseptic
for many things. I've also heard cod-liver oil or Desitin is
gd. for bedtime. Not real attractive though. Also, old lipstick
can cause this type rash but not the problem unless lips are
cracked. Gd-luck.