Could I be Anemic??
Ok so i have always had a problem with being cold all the time. My feet and my hands stay cold and sometimes i do have a little numbness like in fingers or legs will go numb. I don't even have to be sitting for a long time on the floor. I don't eat alot of meat. never have. also i know i was anemic when i was born. I was premature. I have heavy periods. I am tired all the time and i do get irritable. My mom use to tease me and say that i could sleep my life away cuz i can sleep for a long time and still be tired after a few hours. I don't have brittle nails but i do get very pale. This is something i have notced to be getting worse since i have been in high school. I mean if i look pale it is noticeable because i have tan skin.So could i still be anemic? does it ever go away and then come back if you had it as a baby? and is it hereditary because my mom was anemic as a teen?
You could be. Not eating meat ( that would be your iron) and then having heavy periods, seems like great way to become anemic. If you can't go to a doc. Go get some Folic Acid pills. Maybe some iron also. Ask the pharmist which to do and what to take for anemia.
At a minimum I would take an iron pill with your period. I had the same symptoms as you, though I had never tested positive for anemia. My doc actually SAW how pale I was one day and he told me to do that. I did and I could feel a difference. Then I actually started taking it everyday and I feel soooo much better!!! The fact you have numbness may be an indication you have low b12 so get checked specifically for that.