Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Could I be Anemic??

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Could I be Anemic??

Ok so i have always had a problem with being cold all the time. My feet and my hands stay cold and sometimes i do have a little numbness like in fingers or legs will go numb. I don't even have to be sitting for a long time on the floor. I don't eat alot of meat. never have. also i know i was anemic when i was born. I was premature. I have heavy periods. I am tired all the time and i do get irritable. My mom use to tease me and say that i could sleep my life away cuz i can sleep for a long time and still be tired after a few hours. I don't have brittle nails but i do get very pale. This is something i have notced to be getting worse since i have been in high school. I mean if i look pale it is noticeable because i have tan skin.So could i still be anemic? does it ever go away and then come back if you had it as a baby? and is it hereditary because my mom was anemic as a teen?
You could be. Not eating meat ( that would be your iron) and then having heavy periods, seems like great way to become anemic. If you can't go to a doc. Go get some Folic Acid pills. Maybe some iron also. Ask the pharmist which to do and what to take for anemia.
At a minimum I would take an iron pill with your period. I had the same symptoms as you, though I had never tested positive for anemia. My doc actually SAW how pale I was one day and he told me to do that. I did and I could feel a difference. Then I actually started taking it everyday and I feel soooo much better!!! The fact you have numbness may be an indication you have low b12 so get checked specifically for that.