Could this be endometriosis?
About a year ago I started having vaginal and rectal pain starting the day before my period and lasting about 3 days.  I hurts to bear down pressure at all.  My doctor had me do a vaginal ultrasound that came back normal.  He mentioned that I may have endometriosis and maybe I should see a colorectal doctor.  Has anyone else ever had symptoms similar to this?  I'm not really keen on seeing this kind of doctor, but the problem isn''t going away.  My sister has endometriosis, so I have a family history.
Thanks for writing to the forum!
Rectal endometriosis causes painful bowel movements during the whole month, rectal pain on passing gas and rectal pain during intercourse or while sitting. If this fits your description of pain then yes, it could be rectal endometriosis. However though it sounds contradictory, the pain can be only during the menstrual period time, as the pain depends on the exact location of the endometriosis patch.
The other possibility is vaginal cancer. I am sorry to say but both the conditions cannot be ignored. Also pain in rectal and vaginal area should not be ignored.
It is difficult to comment beyond this at this stage. Do discuss this with your gynecologist and get yourself examined. Please let me know if there is any thing else and do keep me posted. Take care!

I had a pap smear that came back normal.  Would this rule out cancer?
Thanks for keeping me posted!
Yes, a PAP smear will rule out cancer. However if there can be no other reason found for your pain, you may need a contrast CT. A colposcopy is more confirmatory.
Hope this helps. Please let me know if there is any thing else and do keep me posted. Take care!
I am getting a referral to a gynecologist.  If it would turn out to be rectal or intestinal endometriosis, what would they do to treat it?
A related discussion, Hysterectomy/Cyclic bleeding vaginally and rectally was started.