Cpap machine and bloating
i was diagnosed with severe sleep apnea and i have a cpap machine and i use a very high pressure of 20 as you may guess it has caused me irritable hours of sleep trying to keep the mask on at night and when i wake up in the morning i also have extreme flatulence and bloating which can be very embarassing i am on a 1700 calorie diet to lose weight but when i am very bloated it seem i can't lose weight recently i was also diagnosed with non obstructive hocm fed up taking medication can you please help me?
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
CPAP machines can cause air in the stomach-gas and bloating. Lowering the CPAP pressure can help but do not do this without consulting your sleep specialist. Switching over to bilevel pressure or C-Flex may help you too. However nothing should be tried without consulting the specialist.
Hope this helps. Please let me know if there is any thing else and do keep me posted. Take care!