Crackling in ears with congestion
I'm not sure if this is allergies or what. But it's annoying the hell out of me. I do have a cat and I'm not sure if he's the problem. I first experienced this problem when I was a child (Age 6) I used to do alot of swimming as a child and I always had ear infections. One day my left ear just popped and crackled and it freaked me out so I went to the nurse after that I can't really remember it happening since then. I'm now 34-years-old and healty, I've had the cat now for 5 years but this has recently become a problem. I have this constant congestion with a constant crackling in my ears greater on the left side. There is sometimes pain but it clears as my ears crackle. It gets worst at night and has been going on for several months now. I have developed insomnia as a result. I've tried several over the counter medications and nothing seems to clear it. It feels like my ears are always full and never seem to drain. Please help. I've been taking sleeping pills every night and I don't want to continue to subject myself to this.
hi

a good place to start is with an ent.

good luck
wow i have almost the same symptoms as you my ears always feel clogged so i always blow out and pop them and have congestion but now i developed insomnia im always  aware of my heart beat all over my body depression and anxiety i dont know what it is but im sick of it