Cut On Finger(smallest) won't heal fully
I have a question. I have a 4mm long cut on my smallest finger on my left hand. The depth is like 1/2 of a mm. I've applied band-aids and ointment, but still, after 2 weeks , the cut won't heal. The skin to the left and right of it have sort of like piled around it.I doesn't hurt much, but when it rubs on something for prolonged amount of time, it starts to hurt a little. What should I do to heal it?
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
There is a possibility that some infection is persisting or there is poor blood supply to the area. In the first case you would need to clean the wound well and apply a combination antibiotic cream (a broad spectrum one). If there is poor blood supply then the wound would need to be scarped by a doctor to restore circulation and promote healing.
Another possibility is diabetes. If you have that then wounds heal slow. If you do not know whether you have it or not, test for blood sugar. Please consult your GP or PCP and get this checked out, both the wound and diabetes. Take care!