Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Extream pain from a inner big lump behind my left ear, right above wher...

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Extream pain from a inner big lump behind my left ear, right above where my jaw bone and neck meet!

Hey everyone, I am 22 years of age and having a serious problem and really needing some help desperately. I have extreme pain from a inner big lump behind my left ear, right above where my jaw bone and neck meet! I’ve had it for many years, and over the years it seems to be getting worst. I can't even touch behind my ear, when I throw up the bump causes numbness all over the left side of my face. The pain has gotten so bad that now I can barely touch the lower front part of my face by my ear now. As a child I have NEVER ever experienced noise bleeds and lately now I'm getting them only out of my left nostril. I've had ultrasounds and x-rays but no one seems to know what it is. They acknowledge that a lump is there but they don’t know what it is. Does anyone know what this could be?? I now have extreme stiff neck pain and a pain in the left part of my head at times, and can't chew gum anymore because of the pain I get when I chew it.... please help????
one of the main things you may here from drs is tmj, its a funky little jaw issue, but i dont think it would cause your growth.. i really dont see drs doing an xray, but a ct scan, which should reveal the growth on film and help identify it. the most common things it would be are a tumor, a cyst, or some kind of infection. either way, if it is growing in size, you need to find a provider who will take care of it asap. it can cause ear problems, sinus problems, or other issues, depending on where and how its growing on the inside. if your dr wont take care of it, go to an ent, find another dr, or start making a daily trip to the er. anyone you see, make sure you emphasize that its growing and pain is increasing and spreading to other places. if your neck pain increases or feels near your throat/esophagus go to the er immediately and insist that its beginning to restrict your airway and you are having difficulty breathing.
you need to go to the ER and don't leave until someone tells you what it is and fixes it. Really - like the person above said, go and go and go.  Check back - I am concerned for you.
have they checked you for silaidenitis.  this could cause the lump by the jaw bone and neck and cause severe pain.  The salivary gland gets blocked by a stone and secretions cannot release.  Try seeing an ENT to check this out just a thought hope it helps you.  Nose bleeds can be caused by a weak blood vessel in the nose or by dry air people experience those more in the colder months due to using dry heat.  Your pain from the jaw/neck area can be radiating pain from the salivary gland.
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
What you have sounds a lot like TMJ. You must consult a well trained Neuromuscular Dentist for an evaluation. You will need to get a CBCT or a 3D CT Scan done.  This will give the position of your TMJ concyles in relation to the ear. A more posterior placement can cause dizziness for some patients. Also, it is important to evaluate whether additionally you have elongated, calcified Stylomandibular Ligaments. This can cause pain while bending the neck and turning.
You have to press on muscles of your face to look for sore points. To get some relief you can try massaging the sore muscles.  Massaging the muscles does not help every one. Also if the procedure is nor correct, then it can further aggravate the problem. Then massage these points with short strokes. To massage the masseter muscles on each side of your jaw, place your thumb inside your mouth and squeeze the thick muscle in your cheek with your fingers. To massage the jaw muscles inside your mouth, use your index finger to probe and massage these spots.
Moist heat or cold packs on the face, vitamin supplements, or biofeedback are useful for some people. Usually people find a method that brings relief by trial and error. Consult an ENT specialist too. Take care!

Time to see an ENT.  If they can't say from examining you that it's a lipoma or something benign like that, then you're going to need a soft tissue neck MRI.  Don't leave until it's ordered.  This is ridiculous.  
Hi everyone, thank you so much for all of your help, if you only knew how much I truly appreciate it. I haven't been feeling too well lately caused by this problem, so I haven't had a chance to check my account. I'm going to look into all of these suggestions and I'm heading to the ER today. Hopefully I will finally have some answers and some relief.